Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 04-19-2010, 12:21 PM   #1
Lisa Hinsley
Lisa Hinsley can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lisa Hinsley can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lisa Hinsley can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lisa Hinsley can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lisa Hinsley can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lisa Hinsley can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lisa Hinsley can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lisa Hinsley can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lisa Hinsley can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lisa Hinsley can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lisa Hinsley can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle
Coombe's Wood by Lisa C Hinsley

Hello everyone, I am new to Mobileread. So far seems a very friendly community, so I hope you don't mind me plugging my novel a little.

Coombe's Wood is a thriller and suspense novel priced at $0.99 for a short while. Here's a bit about it:

When Izzy Santana and her 13-year-old son Connor move into a flat in the sleepy village of Cedham, they think the terrors of their abused past are behind them. Locals darkly warn her to stay away from nearby Coombe's Wood, hinting at ludicrous superstitions. But Izzy is so delighted to have found a haven for her son that she takes little notice. Then a disembowelled rabbit turns up on her doorstep, along with a distinctive cigarette butt, and she knows ex-partner George has found her. What Izzy needs to do is protect Connor. She has already started to uncover the ancient secrets of the village, and now she works out the perfect way to get rid of George... for good.

Coombe's Wood got into the ABNA 2009 semi finals (you can read the Publishers Weekly review on the book page) and was runner up in the YouWriteOn book of the year contest. Plus I've had several fabulous reviews recently, here’s an excerpt from the latest:

I highly recommend Lisa Hinsley's Coombe's Wood. This very human story of a battered single mother and her 13 year old son Connor dealing with some strange people on a Council estate in rural England well deserves five stars. This novel kept me turning the pages on my Kindle. Both Izzie and her son Connor were sympathetic, well-rounded characters, and the scenes that described their stalking by the crazy George were reminiscent of Jack Nicholson in "The Shining" This book would make a great suspense movie. I loved it!

You can find it on Kindle here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ag_nof_ap_edpp

And on Smashwords here:
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/6765

And I also have an Amazon Author page here:
http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B003E2VRCG

Thank you for looking!
Lisa
Lisa Hinsley is offline   Reply With Quote