Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-07-2010, 08:51 PM   #1
LessPaul
Connoisseur
LessPaul doesn't litterLessPaul doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2021 / PC / iPad
Another Series Question -- Alternate Metadata for eReader?

I have a huge collection of German pulp fiction series. The metadata in Calibre correctly reflects title, author, series, series index, etc.

However, when I transfer a title to my Nook, all I get is title and author. I would rather have title and Series+Index. (the Nook does not support folders and displays all "sideloaded" content as a flat list, sorted by either the author or title fields)

The only way I can figure to do this is to change the metadata in Calibre such that the author field contains this information instead of the author name -- something I don't want to do.

Is there a way to export ebooks AND overwrite the author field with series+index?
LessPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:24 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by LessPaul View Post
Is there a way to export ebooks AND overwrite the author field with series+index?
The only way is to put the series and index in the author field for the book.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert