Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-23-2009, 06:27 PM   #1
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Using the cover while reading

I really like the idea of a cover to stay on the device while I am reading as it provides some protection.

When I got my pocket pro I already had an EZ Reader Basic. On my basic the cover has a soft hinge of the entires width that easily folds over the device and back on itself with no problems. The first thing I did with the pocket pro was fold it back on itself and started reading. The bottom edge stuck out a bit further than the top when I had it folded back. A bit later I realized there was a better way.

The spine edge of the pocket pro case has two distinct hinge points, one on each edge of the spine and I have found it works best when folded back over itself to make sure that both edges are equally folded making an open triangle. The flap can be folded to the inside and will even make some use of the magnetic catch in that position. For my case the magnetic catch is pretty weak so I tend to fold it under the device itself by poking it between the device and the case.

When the case folded as described I find it excellent for holding the device with one hand. Better even than the basic model. I like using one hand but tend to switch hands while reading.

Left handed I find the extra thickness makes the device easier to hold. I slide the case into the palm of my hand and place my thumb loosely over the left arrow keys. This is well balanced and makes it easy to tap the next button to move forward.

Right handed I grasp the reader similarly with my thumb a little lower on the top edge of the device. Then I place my forefinger just over the edge of the case and next to the thumbwheel. It is then very easy to just push the thumbwheel (which should be called the finger wheel) to change pages.

Both positions seem very secure to me and I feel much better than just trying to hold the device by itself where it might slip out of my hand.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:41 PM   #2
CrimsonCherries
CrimsonCherries began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro
That is a great suggestion! I sent mine in for exchange. Can't wait to try it out when I get it back. It is so hard to be patient.
CrimsonCherries is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2009, 09:38 PM   #3
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
any chance you can post a picture for those of us who are "technically challenged when it comes to visualizing descriptions"?
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:57 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I use the same method as DaleDe, including tucking the tab between the PEZ and the back cover.
Interestingly, my first (returned) unit's cover tab was not as stiff and the magnet held perfectly.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:10 AM   #5
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Great idea. One of my complaints about all the readers is that they are too thin for comfortable holding. Especially on the left side, your suggestion should add some heft.

MLH
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2009, 04:08 AM   #6
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Got myself a leather cover for the PRS-505. For some reason, there's a stud-fixed loop on the back, as though it's meant to be carried on a belt. I still don't know what it's really for, but I soon found that slipping one or two fingers of my left hand into it as I read makes the 505 incredibly comfortable to handle, leaving the thumb free to turn pages with the wheel. Special bonuses of a nice cover, by the way, is that the reader feels -- and even smells -- like a high quality hardback. It's a lovely experience, and for the few bucks it costs, I'd recommend it to anyone. Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:00 AM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
any chance you can post a picture for those of us who are "technically challenged when it comes to visualizing descriptions"?
Here you go.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pocketproandcase.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	36419  
Old 09-24-2009, 12:40 PM   #8
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
thanks DaleDe! I ultimately figured it out!

93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:46 PM   #9
superstitious
Addict
superstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the rough

Device: K3 wifi
Tucking the tap behind the PP is a great suggestion. I always find that to be in the way once I folded the cover over to read. I think its nice to have the cover on when reading coz it feels more like an actual book. I can also clip the book light on the flap also. Thanks for the suggestion.
superstitious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:40 PM   #10
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
sounds interesting...but Cliff notes please!
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 05:09 PM   #11
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRebel View Post
sounds interesting...but Cliff notes please!
Beyond this picture?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...44&postcount=7

take you left thumb place it on the > key and wrap you hand around the device.

Dale
Old 09-26-2009, 02:48 PM   #12
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura
I've always read my Bebook like this, Nice and comfy.
gargoyle67 is offline   Reply With Quote