Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-16-2009, 09:46 PM   #1
berniej
Enthusiast
berniej began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Caliber 0.6.12 - "Fetch News" problem

One of the reasons why Calibre is always open on my netbook is its ability to "fetch news" for me to read later. The function was running fine in previous versions but when I installed 0.6.12, the fetched news begins displaying a lot of blank spaces and the TOC of my news is gone. Any chance in getting the format back to pre-0.6.12?

thanks!
berniej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:06 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You have to tell us what the news source is
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2009, 10:24 PM   #3
berniej
Enthusiast

Hi Kovid, the news source I'm having trouble with is Engadget. I also have custom news sources from Gizmodo.com, Downloadsquad.com and Lifehacker.com all created by simply putting the RSS feed link to Calibre's "add custom news source" window.

Thanks again and keep up the good work with Calibre
Old 09-17-2009, 10:25 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Post the recipe you're using for endgadget
Old 09-17-2009, 02:33 PM   #5
Floeee
Groupie
Floeee began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000s *returned* / Sony PRS-505 *returned* / Asus eee PC t91
there are also problems with "der standard" its only saying "this article was downloaded from *url*"

but no article appears

also most feeds done with google reader only show the headline
Floeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2009, 09:26 PM   #6
berniej
Enthusiast

Hi Kovid,

I can't post the recipe I use for Engadget because it is the one built in to Calibre (Fetch news -> schedule news downloads -> english -> engadget).
Old 09-18-2009, 12:56 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Ah it's a builtin feed, in that case, please open a ticket and I will have a look at it when I have a moment.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:59 PM   #8
Floeee
Groupie

i have opened a ticket today about my issue with "der standard"
now its gone, does that mean you have already solved that? if yes, then i can say only wow!

would this improvement be implemented in the next update or how do i know how do solve my problem?
Old 09-18-2009, 06:33 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

it should be fixed in 0.6.13
Old 09-18-2009, 07:05 PM   #10
Floeee
Groupie

WOW
thank you very much
Old 09-18-2009, 07:50 PM   #11
berniej
Enthusiast

Wow! I'm downloading 0.6.13 now to see if it fixes the problem.

Thanks Kovid!
Old 09-18-2009, 09:12 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@berniej that was at flooee
Old 09-19-2009, 12:34 AM   #13
berniej
Enthusiast

@kovidgoyal well I downloaded and installed 0.6.12 anyway and it did fix the excessive spaces problems I had with the built-in Engadget recipe. I'll test my other recipes to see if the fix is across all my feeds.

Thanks again
Old 09-19-2009, 10:39 AM   #14
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

glad to hear it