Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-12-2009, 05:39 PM   #1
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Guess the Movie

So here's how it goes, you take a still from a movie. The first person to guess the still then gets to go next and post their own, and so on.

The best way to take a still is by using the snapshot function in the cross-platform media player VLC (grab it here for OS X and Windows: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/, it should be available in your distributions repo on Linux) You can then take this still to http://tinypic.com and upload (make sure you resize the still in tinypic to 640x) You'll then be given a link to post here that already has the IMG tags in place

EDIT: Or even easier search google for the movie and poach a still from there

I'll start with an easy one:

Last edited by Moejoe; 07-12-2009 at 05:50 PM.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:44 PM   #2
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
Oldboy
Abelturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2009, 05:44 PM   #3
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelturd View Post
Oldboy

Bingo! Your turn...

EDIT: And also, it might be fun to give out karma to those who guess correctly as an extra little bit of fun.

Last edited by Moejoe; 07-12-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:10 PM   #4
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

I hope, this won't be tough. But if you've seen the movie, those eyes must be etched in your mind.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:12 PM   #5
Laz116
Guru
Laz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Sony PRS-700
Let the right one in
Laz116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2009, 06:13 PM   #6
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz116 View Post
Let the right one in
Why, yes, you're absolutely right. Your turn.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:21 PM   #7
Laz116
Guru
Laz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of light

Old 07-12-2009, 06:35 PM   #8
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
I want to say the Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, but some part of me is hesitating....damn it, okay, my guess is The Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford!
Old 07-12-2009, 06:38 PM   #9
Laz116
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
I want to say the Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, but some part of me is hesitating....damn it, okay, my guess is The Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford!
And right you are. Btw a wonderful movie imho.

(have to spread karma around before you can get some)
Old 07-12-2009, 06:41 PM   #10
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
And right you are.

(have to spread karma around before you can get some)
Wow! I really thought I was wrong on that one

Okay here's an easy-peasy one (and no guesses from the ones who posted the last still, to keep it fair )

Old 07-12-2009, 06:44 PM   #11
Laz116
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post

Okay here's an easy-peasy one (and no guesses from the ones who posted the last still, to keep it fair )
Curse it. (not an actual guess).
Old 07-12-2009, 06:45 PM   #12
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Curse it. (not an actual guess).
I know, it's a shame, but then it'd end up just a back and forth between a couple of us film geeks So the rule is: you have to wait one turn after posting a still before you can guess again, that should keep it interesting for everyone
Old 07-12-2009, 06:50 PM   #13
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
The Shining.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 06:55 PM   #14
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
The Shining.
Bingo-Bango!!! Your turn
Old 07-12-2009, 06:58 PM   #15
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier

Damn. I knew that one. Ma'am, you beat me to it.