Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-04-2009, 04:51 AM   #31
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonescorcio View Post
I
I do agree that a "clean" a "free" screen is essential in a 6' screen. And that is why I do not realy like the progress bar - it is simply not the most discret way of showing where you are in a book.
I agree that you need as much as free space as possible. But the thin black line is in my opinion very discreet. Much more so than in numbers

123 from 1256

Quote:
The header (when activated) should have a smaller font too.
That doesn't give you more free space. If you remove the header you won't gain any useful space, it simply stays empty. It would be nice if removing the header would give you two more lines of 'real' text.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:43 AM   #32
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonescorcio View Post
Over, you really made my day!!! :-)

Anyway, I think you are being a little too pessimistic!

I hope a new firmware in the next few days indeed - before ending the programmers contract... :-)

But then, I am called an optimistic...

One thing: I do not think page numbers are a thing of the past - the are a usefull way of knowing where you are in a book, and a very less distracting one then the progress bar (pageometer).
Also, I would very much like a more discret header - but this really not very important.

Regards
Nelson

page numbers would be very useful in a certain Sir's books -
I keep turning a page and thinking there's something missing here ....... OOK
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2009, 09:50 AM   #33
nelsonescorcio
Zealot
nelsonescorcio doesn't litternelsonescorcio doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortep View Post
I agree that you need as much as free space as possible. But the thin black line is in my opinion very discreet. Much more so than in numbers

123 from 1256

That doesn't give you more free space. If you remove the header you won't gain any useful space, it simply stays empty. It would be nice if removing the header would give you two more lines of 'real' text.
True. But what I meant was that the header should have smaller fonts so it can be more discret AND give the text more lines (wich it doesn't now - just empty space -, for whatever reason I can not reach).

Again, I think Sony Reader has the best screen layout solution. Simple, informative and efective.
Why not copy it? It isn't exacly copyrighted, nor it is immoral or even remotely shamefull!
It is just - in my opinion, naturally - the best solution.

See picture under.

Regards
Nelson
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sony Reader.JPG
Views:	409
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	20491  

Last edited by nelsonescorcio; 01-04-2009 at 09:55 AM.
nelsonescorcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:10 PM   #34
nelsonescorcio
Zealot
nelsonescorcio doesn't litternelsonescorcio doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I know what you mean...
nelsonescorcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:48 PM   #35
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
maybe I should have add a tin cup ad....(sheesh, free and they're still complaining...)
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2009, 09:40 AM   #36
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
YES:

PAGE Numbers

Landscape mode for mobipocket format!!!!

Battery indicator

All Would be nice on the next update if it comes....... soon????!!!!!!

Quote:
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:40 PM   #37
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
I expect a certain number of bugs that will cause crashes on books it opened previously
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:02 PM   #38
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
And plotting the trend for battery life (started with 6-7 days and is now 4 days) I would expect 2 days battery time when the unit is always on.

I do not know if I dare to believe in folders. But a numerical indication of how much you have read (and display of total length) and a battery meter would increase my reading enjoyment a lot.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:22 PM   #39
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
I'm using the lookup function a lot and to select the lookup function from the menu and then to move the cursor on the word you want translated is really a tedious chore. I hope they will improve on that.
Customizable margins and ditching the header and footer would be great.
Other than that I'm good.
Abelturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 03:35 AM   #40
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelturd View Post
I'm using the lookup function a lot and to select the lookup function from the menu and then to move the cursor on the word you want translated is really a tedious chore. I hope they will improve on that.
Can you suggest a better user interface for it?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 04:42 AM   #41
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Sure I can.
1. They could assign a special key for jumping to the lookup mode (e.g. the delete button, which at the moment has no function whatsoever), or if that should be a problem, they could at least move the position of lookup in the menu (second from the top, or first from the bottom).
2. The lookup mode should be sticky, after the word is translated you should return back to the lookup mode with cursor at the last position. Only after pressing the dedicated lookup button you should be brought back to the normal reading mode.
3. I would propose to use the volume-up/down buttons on the right side of cybook for moving the cursor in the lookup mode up or down by 2 lines as opposed to moving it up or down by one line with the multidirectional cross button. (Or the upper two buttons on the left side could be used for more convenience and outside the lookup mode they would assume their usual function while +/- buttons could turn the pages in the lookup mode so that you wouldn't have to leave lookup mode to turn a page and then enter it again. This might prove a little bit too complicated, that's why I put it in parentheses, this could be an optional mode which you could select from the advanced lookup menu)
4. Cut down on the flashing refresh in the lookup mode and no refresh after selecting an option from the menu. This would save a fair amount of the battery life.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:56 AM   #42
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
All good ideas - I'd suggest passing them on to Bookeen!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 05:16 AM   #43
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier

I did so on 9/16/2008. So I wonder how many of my suggestions will be implemented in the forthcoming firmware. I guess none , though it would be nice to see some of them in action. I have to keep my fingers crossed and hope the new firmware will kick ass and that it will come out soon.
Go bookeen, go, you can do it, I believe in you.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:22 AM   #44
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
It would be great if the lookup function would not return the "no results" message, but instead give a list of the closest words (from all the dictionaries), that would make finding derived words and inflected forms much easier.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:27 AM   #45
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelturd View Post
Sure I can.
1. They could assign a special key for jumping to the lookup mode (e.g. the delete button, which at the moment has no function whatsoever), or if that should be a problem, they could at least move the position of lookup in the menu (second from the top, or first from the bottom).
2. The lookup mode should be sticky, after the word is translated you should return back to the lookup mode with cursor at the last position. Only after pressing the dedicated lookup button you should be brought back to the normal reading mode.
That this has not been implemented already has annoyed me also since they are so obvious (especially number 1). Number 2 is needed also because it is so easy to look up the wrong word due to the delay in feedback and some strange behavior of the D-pad button.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cybook, firmware, upgrade