Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #36541
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Went to a conference today, so just finished totting up the freebies I brought back with me; 12 pens, 7 2gb memory sticks, 3 4gb memory sticks, 1 8gb memory stick, 3 small torches (1 not working), 1 non-stick mat for your car dashboard, 2 paper pads in a holder with a pen, 1 T-shirt and a small rain forest's worth of printed case studies, product and service promotions and business cards.

(Some good talks and discussions had as well!)
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:54 PM   #36542
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
It was a long day today. Since the fire my father put the bookkeeping for the store on the backburner, but it really needed to be done. So today I was on my own in the store. Luckily it wasn't busy, until 2pm I was busy checking, tagging and putting away to big shipments that came in earlier this week, after that I read between customers (managed to read 200 pages of Merrily Watkins #10). On Thursday we're also open between 7pm and 9pm, I hate having to rush with eating so I ordered taco's after 9pm.

Tomorrow I expect I'll be on my own most of the day and I think it will be busier than today since the weather won't be as nice.

Now off to bed and watch an episode of Time Team or something to wind down.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #36543
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
So, you wake up with crushing left sided chest pain ....

Call 911? No
Go to the hospital? No

Remove large cat with cold feet from your rib cage? Yes ....

When I sleep on my side, Stella desperately tries to perch on my upper shoulder & ribs ... somewhat impairing my breathing ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:17 AM   #36544
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wondering why I even bother vacuuming the entranceway of the store daily in autumn. Within half an hour of me vacuuming there's a new layer of leaves.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:40 AM   #36545
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post

Call 911? No
Go to the hospital? No

When I sleep on my side, Stella desperately tries to perch on my upper shoulder & ribs ... somewhat impairing my breathing ...
Aw, give her a break. She heard about that frost warning and was just trying to keep you warm 'cause she loves you.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #36546
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:

Call 911? No
Go to the hospital? No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
Aw, give her a break. She heard about that frost warning and was just trying to keep you warm 'cause she loves you.
Maybe. Then again, maybe Stella's trying to kill you. Cats are devious. Have you done anything to anger her lately? Unlike dogs, who wear their emotions on their faces at all times; cats are cunning, patient, and rarely forget a slight. They know how to wait for the right moment to inflict maximum punishment. Revenge is a dish best served feline style.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 10-25-2013 at 05:44 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #36547
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

To cats, sleeping humans are a convenient source of radiant heat. If I am so inconsiderate as to sleep on my side, thereby decreasing the square footage of available warm human for catly use, I am punished by near asphyxiation to remind me of my duties ... to cats ...
Old 10-26-2013, 11:15 AM   #36548
GlassDeviant
GlassDeviant began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch
I find this thread hilarious at present. In the IT community, Windows is regarded as a game of leap frog. Every even release is crap, every odd one is ...tolerable, as features are added in the even releases while problems are fixed in the odd ones. Leaving out NT and 2000 which were business OSes designed for servers and not ome/personal computers, it went like so:

Windows 3.0 - much more powerful than previously but very problematic

Windows 3.11 - problems are mostly if not all nailed down

Windows 95 - reinvented, loads of new features, many badly implemented

Windows 98/98SE - about as perfect as a graphical OS could be without making it into a serious Unix-like OS.

Windows ME - loads of new features with absolutely no purpose, it was like MS got lost in play toys instead of serious OS development

Windows XP - this is where NT/2000 basically got merged with the home/home office OS, making Windows a serious operating system for the first time. People still use this as a lot of the features of newer OSes are seen as unnecessary by hardcore users.

Windows Vista - lots of eye candy and lots of under-the-hood stuff, much of which didn't work very well until you got your hands dirty messing with its internals, often with the help of third party programs and utilities.

Windows 7 - fixed most of the Vista problems and is considered a "more advanced" XP. Very clean and doesn't have the few limitations that XP does, which let a lot of die0hard XP lovers/Vista haters to justify upgradding.

Windows 8 - once again MS went for eye candy and simplified user interface crap to make it more "accessible" for non-computer users, and did very little for IT, geeks, gamers and other serious computer users. Made a lot of casual computer users/Facebook junkies/smart phone users happy but a huge majority of current Windows users refused to adopt it. 8.1 is a dubious improvement but a lot of people are waiting to see if 9 will continue the trend of odd numbered versions of Windows being worthwhile.
GlassDeviant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:26 AM   #36549
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Up early, it's stormy outside and Lexie is restless and woke me up just after 7am. According to the news around 10am the storm should arrive in my city. I had planned on going to the supermarket to already get some things for our vacation (just two weeks to go!) but I think I'll postpone it until tomorrow.

So, today's task is to find films both my sister and I like to watch on vacation.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:54 AM   #36550
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Trying to figure out what the "bubbling" sensation I just felt in my leg was.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:50 PM   #36551
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Lying on my hotel bed after a comprehensive afternoon 'refreshment' in a bar here in New Orleans (on holiday).
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:06 PM   #36552
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Loading 64-bit software into my new computer.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:30 AM   #36553
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Looking into a mini-cruise. My sister and I had planned on going to Brussels for a (long) weekend sometime early 2014, but yesterday she suggested going on a mini-cruise to Newcastle.

I looked into it and it seems fun, and something different than we usually do. A simple cabin is around €90 and a more luxurious cabin is almost €160 (the latter being about the same price as a simple hotel room in Brussels for a long weekend).
Old 10-29-2013, 04:09 PM   #36554
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Trying to figure out a way to tunnel out of my office at work to freedom ....
Old 10-29-2013, 04:51 PM   #36555
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Trying to figure out a way to tunnel out of my office at work to freedom ....
Use the lithium in your device batteries as a crude explosive.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?