Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-06-2013, 10:15 AM   #181
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IxiaAurea View Post
the annoying thing is that it covers the power button so I have to use my nails to slide the power button T_T
Pn my Touch I had a Kobo designed case with elastics to hold the unit in. I found the easiest solution was just to use three of the elastics, and to let the top right elastic go under the device and not hold the device in place at all.

I *NEVER* had any issues with the Kobo coming loose.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:29 AM   #182
IxiaAurea
Connoisseur
IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Pn my Touch I had a Kobo designed case with elastics to hold the unit in. I found the easiest solution was just to use three of the elastics, and to let the top right elastic go under the device and not hold the device in place at all.

I *NEVER* had any issues with the Kobo coming loose.
OMG, I'm so stupid! (I thought of bending the elastic around over the back of the case so it doesn't interfere with the device but it doesn't stretch that far so I left it holding the device) Thanks for pointing out this obvious solution (apparently not to me lol)
IxiaAurea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #183
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
@IxiaAurea: No worries at all We all learn new things
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:57 PM   #184
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Well I tried to order a mini case from aliexpress but I couldn't get past the log in screen. Maybe another time.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:22 AM   #185
IxiaAurea
Connoisseur
IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

There is a video of the slim kindle-like cover for kobo in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdDVB...z8wcKA&index=3

Last edited by IxiaAurea; 06-07-2013 at 02:24 AM.
Advert
Old 06-07-2013, 11:33 AM   #186
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by IxiaAurea View Post
There is a video of the slim kindle-like cover for kobo in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdDVB...z8wcKA&index=3
It looks to be the same as the one I've had on my Paperwhite for 6 months. It is fantastic, very slim and lightweight while both the magnetic closure and sleep/wake function work perfectly.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:54 PM   #187
gadgetdude
gadgetdude can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gadgetdude can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gadgetdude can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gadgetdude can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gadgetdude can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gadgetdude can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gadgetdude can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gadgetdude can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gadgetdude can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gadgetdude can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gadgetdude can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2012 View Post
It looks to be the same as the one I've had on my Paperwhite for 6 months. It is fantastic, very slim and lightweight while both the magnetic closure and sleep/wake function work perfectly.
Who makes this? I couldn't tell from the YouTube Video...
gadgetdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:59 PM   #188
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetdude View Post
I had the same question after seeing the above and did some hunting and found this cover at Amazon for $14.99, shipping included.

I love the Gecko Slimfit cover I have, but that extra little flap that keeps it closed is just slightly annoying to me. My Sony covers never had that so I'm not used to dealing with it. It works perfectly, it's a great cover, but I still have to be careful when closing the cover so the flap doesn't accidentally brush against the screen and trigger a page flip; and I often turn it back to fit between the 2 covers while reading, which I think will eventually wear it out prematurely, weakening that spot where it's bent drastically back. So I ordered one just now for myself.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #189
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
[QUOTE=Ripplinger;2536518]I had the same question after seeing the above and did some hunting and found this cover at Amazon for $14.99, shipping included.

QUOTE]

Not available for delivery to Canada
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:45 PM   #190
Liesse
Zealot
Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I found the easiest solution was just to use three of the elastics, and to let the top right elastic go under the device and not hold the device in place at all.
I do the same thing with my NeoSkin case on my Glo. The top left corner sometimes gets in the way. I just leave the elastic on that corner alone and my Glo is still happy in this case. He's never slipped an inch.
Liesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:43 PM   #191
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetdude View Post
My case has got the August logo on it, otherwise it looks exactly the same as the Glo case. It is even available in the same colours. Currently available from AliExpress and sent from China, but no doubt some people will bulk buy and then they will end up on eBay.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:45 PM   #192
Liesse
Zealot
Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma
Those slim magnets cover thingies for Glo are on UK Amazon and UK Ebay too. Same price - £10.99 -- at both.

I find myself quite tempted, just to have a case with the sleep function. I'm not sure how much protection they offer the Kobo though, and how easily the magnetic closure would pop open. Has anyone got one?
Liesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #193
IxiaAurea
Connoisseur

I found the video from this ebay listing: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MAGNETIC-...-/230994475551

I ordered one from aliexpress in pink for $12.50USD and will review it once I receive it! (soon hopefully)
Old 06-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #194
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
I had the same question after seeing the above and did some hunting and found this cover at Amazon for $14.99, shipping included.
I decided to order one (in brown). Now if I could just find that style for my Mini! I tried to order from aliexpress and can't get past the second login.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:25 AM   #195
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
found it on ebay Canada

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Ultra-Slim-Le...item43bc9054ec
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote