Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-15-2013, 02:04 PM   #676
greeny123
greeny123 can extract oil from cheesegreeny123 can extract oil from cheesegreeny123 can extract oil from cheesegreeny123 can extract oil from cheesegreeny123 can extract oil from cheesegreeny123 can extract oil from cheesegreeny123 can extract oil from cheesegreeny123 can extract oil from cheese

Device: paperwhite
Any chance to get epub in collections ?

Hello.
I installed Coolreader for epubs and Collectionsmanger on my paperwhite.
For me easiest way to create collections is to use the function sync file structure to collections in the collectionsmanager. Works really good.
Only thing I am missing, is it will not sync the epub files .
Any hack for this ?
greeny123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #677
rafalele
Enthusiast
rafalele began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi.

Firts of all thank you very much for the aplicattion, it is a must have as JBpatch.

I have the 5.3.4 firmware version and 2.4.2 Collections Manger Version installed and working. My problem is that in any two level collection, I mean "Author\Serie\", with one ore more books on it, every time I close the book I'm reading with the "<" button I get a white page with the Kindle Menu on top. If I press again the "<" button appears the "Serie" level, but browsing collections (Cover mode) is corrupted until opening and closing a book on a one level collection or change it to browse in list mode.

The collections are like "Tod Willioms\Neverland\" and inside it two books.

It happens using the option "Import from Calibre" or wich I prefer "Creating collections from folders". The name of the options will not match because I use Collections Manager in Spanish.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by rafalele; 11-18-2013 at 04:40 PM.
rafalele is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2013, 05:11 PM   #678
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Try using names without spaces in them.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #679
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Known wonky behavior of the framework UI with nested collections, especially in thumbnail view.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #680
rafalele
Enthusiast

Thank you both.

It is very frustrating buying the "best" ebook with this annoying firmware.

I thanks a lot for the jailbreak, collection manager and jbpatch, because without them using the Paperwhite would not be the same.

P.D.: I`ve tried with no spaces in folders and books captions and the bug browsing two level folders is there, after closing a book "white screen".

Last edited by rafalele; 11-19-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Advert
Old 11-19-2013, 02:55 PM   #681
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafalele View Post
P.D.: I`ve tried with no spaces in folders and books captions and the bug browsing two level folders is there, after closing a book "white screen".
I admit it, I was guessing and hoping that would help.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:26 PM   #682
rafalele
Enthusiast

Thanks anyway knc1.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:22 AM   #683
crissman
Connoisseur
crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura H20,Kindle PW1
Hiya

This has to be my ultimately favorite plugin above and beyond all others. Thank you very much for continuing to maintain this. I am newly returned back to using this plugin after a firmware update broke it for me. (I know I was too lazy to revert back to an old firmware update and redo everything) I was very ecstatic to see that it now supposed the latest firmware update. I go off my lazy butt and installed it including the backdoorlock and JBpatch. Thank you ixtab.

It has been half a year since I used the collection manager and may have forgotten a thing or two so I have just one question.

When using import collections from calbre to auto create collections did CM ever auto-populate those created collections with the books from the series in which it created the collections from?

I could have sworn it did the last time I used it.. I thought I remember it basically creating everything all in one swoop, but I could be very mistaken and if it did can I get some direction on how to do this because currently when using the import collections from calibre, I am creating collections with no books associated with them and then manually go and checkbox the books and using the move command I move them into the collections. Is there an automatic way of doing this?

Thanks
Crissman
crissman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:38 AM   #684
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@crissman: Unless you have a severe mismatch between your Calibre and on-device DB, yeah, it should create *populated* collections .

Which version of the Calibre plugin are you using, and what do the report says?
Old 11-22-2013, 12:37 PM   #685
crissman
Connoisseur
crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Thanks for the quick reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@crissman: Unless you have a severe mismatch between your Calibre and on-device DB, yeah, it should create *populated* collections .

Which version of the Calibre plugin are you using, and what do the report says?
I am using Calibre 1.12 (today's update) with Kindle Collection Plugin version 1.7.11 and K5 Collection Manager for the kindle paperwhite version 2.4.2 the latest version supporting firmware 5.3.9

Report from Kindle Collection Plugin when using "Create Collection on the Kindle from calibre"

calibre, version 1.12.0
Kindle Collections: <P>Collections saved to the Kindle.<P>
2 collections, 16 books found on the Kindle.<P><P><B>Eject and unplug the Kindle - you'll need to run an 'Import from Calibre' in the Collections Manager to load your changes.<B><P><P>2 warning messages.

=== Kindle Collections Report

Collections saved to the Kindle:

Collection Managed By Books Change
---------- ---------- ----- ------
Martin, George R. R. - A Song of Ice and Fire Calibre 6 Created (from column Kindle Collections)
Martin, George R. R. - The Tales of Dunk and Egg Calibre 3 Created (from column Kindle Collections)

=== Settings:

Column: Kindle Collections
Action: Create
Prefix: ""
Suffix: ""
Minimum: ""
Ignore: ""
Include: ""
Rename from: ""
Rename to: ""
Split on: ""

Never delete/modify these Kindle collections:
Action when toolbar icon is clicked: Preview Collections
Preserve existing Kindle-only collections: True
Ignore prefix/suffix when comparing Calibre names: True
Ignore case when pattern matching: True
Reset collection times: True
Ignore exported collections db: False
Only build a diff database: False
Kindle Model: 520
Calibre Personal doc tag: [PDOC]
Kindle collections file: E:\system\collections.json
Plugin customization file: C:\Users\Sam\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\Kindl e Collections.json
System Encoding: mbcs

I also attached the report I ran using "view report of kindle collections and books" as well as pics of my pw1 to show what is the results of running the CM. If you see it created two empty collection and you can see the books listed below them which have not been auto populated into the created collections.

Thanks for any help you might have.

crissman
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6336.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	411.8 KB
ID:	115584   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6337.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	383.9 KB
ID:	115585  
Attached Files
File Type: txt kindle collection report.txt (8.5 KB, 886 views)

Last edited by crissman; 11-22-2013 at 01:07 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #686
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Are you using a switchboard trick to edit the metadata on the fly?

That *might* break CM's internal consistency checks during the import, if memory serves. (ixtab could probably answer that with much more certainty than me ).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-22-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:16 PM   #687
crissman
Connoisseur

Quote:

That *might* break CM's internal consistency checks during the import, if memory serves. (ixtab could probably answer that with much more certainty than me ).
Not sure what that is...

I am using templates/plugboards to modify the title structure when sending to the kindle..

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...100949&page=23
Post #337 and downward was what I had worked on last week. It shows in detail what it was that I did which was referenced from the original solution from another member in post #52
Old 11-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #688
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:

There aren't really many consistency checks done

Does manually sorting the books into collections work, or does that also fail (occasionally, often, always)?

I can only recall having seen 2 different scenarios - either the books contain no CDE Key, or the entire collections DB is effed up. In the first case, you have to make sure that the books have valid IDs, in the second case, the easiest solution is to (physically) delete the entire database and start from scratch. Search for the relevant keywords in this thread, we have been troubleshooting such issues a few times.

EDIT: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...5&#post2463025
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:27 PM   #689
crissman
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
There aren't really many consistency checks done

Does manually sorting the books into collections work, or does that also fail (occasionally, often, always)?
using the sort options doesn't change anything. I am able to manually move the books into the collections using the CM "move" button and checkboxes with no errors at all.

I can also do this manually using the PW1 interface as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
I can only recall having seen 2 different scenarios - either the books contain no CDE Key, or the entire collections DB is effed up. In the first case, you have to make sure that the books have valid IDs, in the second case, the easiest solution is to (physically) delete the entire database and start from scratch. Search for the relevant keywords in this thread, we have been troubleshooting such issues a few times.
Forgive me, I am learning alot in regards to all of this, but I am very much a Noob and do not understand what you mean in the above quote

I will follow and read your thread. Thanks

Chrysandra

Last edited by crissman; 11-22-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:22 PM   #690
crissman
Connoisseur

I tried out a few things on my own here, still not sure how to correct my problem.

Again I am new at this all so it is all trial and error for me. So that being said I decided to troubleshoot a few things to eliminate some variables.

Firstly, I took my books and converted them into MOBI instead of the AZW3 format I was using. Sent the books over to my kindle ran the "create collections from the kindle collection plugin" Went to my kindle and did the import collections from calibre..
It created the collections AND auto-populated the collections with the books.

Secondly, went back and reconverted the books to AZW3 followed the same steps as above (note: I did remove the mobi books and collections first) and ended up with the original problem.. 2 collections created - with no books inside.

****As a side note, not sure if it has anything to do with it or not but just to eliminate it as an issue I also reset my metadata template modifications of {author_sort:re(\, ,_)} {series:|(|)} Destination Field (Authors) and {#stripped_series:lookup(.\s,#initials,.,#shortene d,series)} {series_index:|[|]} {title} Destination Field (Title) to the default settings. Restarted both calibre and the kindle****

Outcome Results. Using the MOBI format auto-populated the collections whereas the AZW3 did not using the same books.

Once again thanks for any help.
Chrysandra

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks