Notices

Old 12-03-2007, 09:20 AM   #1
lullah
Enthusiast
lullah began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen gen3
My screen went completely black!!!!

Hello

this morning, I went to turn on my cybook, and I got a white screen with a 3.5cm black line on the bottom and a couple of small lines in the middle.
Now, a couple of hours later, the screen i completely black with a very small white line on the bottom.

I tried rebooting, resetting, even removing the battery, nothing works!
anyone else have this problem???
lullah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 11:14 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I don't have a Cybook, so what suggestions I can offer are pretty limited. One thing does occur to me to try which you haven't mentioned doing (though you may have tried it and just not mentioned). You might try charging it fully -- I mean connecting it up to charge and leaving it until the charge light goes out (Cybooks have a charge light, don't they? ).

What you're seeing happens to Sony devices when they get totally flat, and sometimes the battery meter will still show a partial charge. Like I say, I have no idea if it'll help, but it's not likely to hurt anything, so ....
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2007, 12:55 PM   #3
lullah
Enthusiast

did that

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I don't have a Cybook, so what suggestions I can offer are pretty limited. One thing does occur to me to try which you haven't mentioned doing (though you may have tried it and just not mentioned). You might try charging it fully -- I mean connecting it up to charge and leaving it until the charge light goes out (Cybooks have a charge light, don't they? ).

What you're seeing happens to Sony devices when they get totally flat, and sometimes the battery meter will still show a partial charge. Like I say, I have no idea if it'll help, but it's not likely to hurt anything, so ....
thanks for the reply, however
, when the problem occured, I had a 70% charge, then I left it in the charger for 8 hours, that's when it went from white screen with lines to black screen with one line.

I am going to cry
Old 12-03-2007, 01:13 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
It does sound like weeping is in order.

Have you contacted Bookeen yet? It's probably time to return it to the shop.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 01:33 PM   #5
lullah
Enthusiast

I did contact them, they haven't answered
Advert
Old 12-03-2007, 01:42 PM   #6
ricdiogo
Gutenberger
ricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lullah View Post
I did contact them, they haven't answered
People are reporting some problems with their customer support. Did you try support@bookeen.com?
ricdiogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:27 PM   #7
lullah
Enthusiast

yes i did
Old 12-06-2007, 02:45 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Has Bookeen gotten back on your gen3 screen problem yet?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:36 PM   #9
lullah
Enthusiast

The Asked me to send them a picture last week and they have not gotten back to me, and they are not answering my email either, I am starting to think they will not.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:43 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Lullah, one suggestion... try asking Delphie96 (SP?) if NEAB can give you any support since they will be selling them soon.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:26 AM   #11
lullah
Enthusiast

Hi thanks for the help but what you just said went right over my hear, is that a user name?
Old 12-09-2007, 04:10 PM   #12
SUSGOD
Connoisseur
SUSGOD began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre-eBook reader PRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by lullah View Post
Hi thanks for the help but what you just said went right over my hear, is that a user name?
Derek or delphidb96 , Treasurer for NAEB, received an early model of the Cybook Gen 3. His review is at
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15685. Derek had a problem with a line appearing on his screen, but got a fix from Bookeen. He showed images of the problem on his blog. Perhaps he can help you get rid of the line on your reader.
SUSGOD is offline   Reply With Quote