Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-20-2012, 01:16 PM   #1
dany13
dany13 began at the beginning.

Device: Leggo Ibs PB 912
Pocketbook Pro 912 Ibs rebranded

Dear Forum,
first then everything, hi to all, i read you from long, it helped me so much for choosing my next ebook reader..
As soon as i order from germany Pocketbook 912 at 337€ i discover that on a italian bookstore there is a rebranded version, with custom firmware, for 299 €, free shipment in italy. So, thanks to german folks that helped me deleting my order without problem
Now Leggo Ibs Pb 912 is caming to my home, next week i will analyze it and decide if flash it with original firmware.
Ps i buy if from www.ibs.it ( if it is forbiddent to give link, please mod delete it)

best regards
dany13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
hi Dany, welcome! There are at least two other users here who have a leggo version, preempalver and doublezed - if I were you I'd write to them to check whether they can flash the standard pocketbook firmware without problems: I'm not sure you can do that.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2012, 07:14 PM   #3
preempalver
Connoisseur
preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: PocketBook pro 603 (Leggo IBS fw PB 2.1.3)
Welcome dany13,
To tell the truth I've chosen to leave the customized Italian firmware, and I've used other users suggestions and customized software to enhance the standard features, like Japanese text support.
All I wanted was italian speech synthesis and a nice relaxing screen.
Thanks to the forums I've been able to compile dictionaries I needed since the first firmware for PB Leggo was a 2.0.5 without dictionaries.
The wonderful Calibre did the rest.
Last firmware upgrade (2.1.3 20111223), downloaded from IBS website, came with a nice surprise: an Italian vocabulary Zingarelli specially edited for IBS and a working note-taking feature.
So I'd say I'm happy with the product as it is now.
Feel free to ask if you have questions, I check often the forums.

Last edited by preempalver; 01-20-2012 at 07:32 PM.
preempalver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:01 AM   #4
Backi
Connoisseur
Backi has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: PB912 Matt White
Quote:
Originally Posted by preempalver View Post
Last firmware upgrade (2.1.3 20111223), downloaded from IBS website, came with a nice surprise: an Italian vocabulary Zingarelli specially edited for IBS and a working note-taking feature.
So I'd say I'm happy with the product as it is now.
Feel free to ask if you have questions, I check often the forums.
You have firmware 2.1.3? The latest official is 2.1.2 (19.12.2011). Can you describe the note-taking feature more detailed, please?
Backi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:50 AM   #5
preempalver
Connoisseur
preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: PocketBook pro 603 (Leggo IBS fw PB 2.1.3)
Leggo IBS PocketBook

There's a video of the note-taking function, among others, made by jbaach and published on youtube for a comparison between PB pro 903 (fw 2.1.2 rc6 fast version) and Onix Boox m92, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOMBo0AT8IQ
So I guess this is the same feature available to PB readers with firmware 2.1.2, please correct me if I'm wrong.

As for the firmware 2.1.3:

Italian online bookstore IBS started for Christmas 2010 selling a PocketBook pro 603 with customized firmware+free 3G navigation (locked on its website) rebranded as Leggo IBS 603, to boost the (nearly non existing) Italian ebook market. The device came with a firmware i2.0.5 with no dictionaries. That's why I did an accurate search before buying it, and I stumbled on mobileread forums.
Since then I've been perfectly satisfied using some workaround involving screenshots for I rarely take notes on my books (I'm one of those mad people that treat the bookbindings as babies).

This year IBS has doubled its offer, introducing two new models, the 912 (was 'bout time!) and the 612.
603 models were upgraded with a firmware whose last code was i603.2.1.3 20111223_103849, which means that PocketBook guys decided to give IBS customers a nice Christmas gift.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Main page.jpg
Views:	731
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	81566   Click image for larger version

Name:	Menu.jpg
Views:	757
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	81567   Click image for larger version

Name:	note-taking result.jpg
Views:	765
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	81568   Click image for larger version

Name:	Index page with notes.jpg
Views:	706
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	81569  

Last edited by preempalver; 01-22-2012 at 05:43 PM.
preempalver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2012, 06:34 AM   #6
doublezed
doublezed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.doublezed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.doublezed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.doublezed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Leggo IBS - a.k.a. PocketBook 603
Sorry for replying so late, january was a really busy month for me

@dany13
First of all IBS is following an own versioning of the firmware, so don't rely on it! So here i'm talking about the IBS2.1.3 and the PB2.1.2 firmwares. PB2.1.2 is NEWEST than IBS2.1.3. I dislike the ibs firmware customizations so i decided to install the PB2.1.2 firmware. Before installing PB2.1.2 i updated to IBS2.1.3 and it appears to be based on the PB2.0.6 firmware. It is slow on writing and misses some useful apps from PB and the IBS2.1.3 browser is definitely worst compared to the one on PB2.1.2.
After the IBS2.1.3 i've manually installed the PB2.1.2 W/OUT formatting internal memory and now i have the PB2.1.2 with the Zingarelli dictionary and native note taking feature

After every firmware update remove the firmware related files from internal memory and/or sd card or any future firmware update via wi-fi will fail (at least it failed for me)

Hoping this helps if not let me know how i can further help you!

P.S.:I'm an happy PB603 (Leggo IBS) owner, now!
doublezed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #7
pietro
Enthusiast
pietro began at the beginning.

Device: prs-t1, kobo auraHD
Italian pb912

Anyone has been able to remove the limitation to the browser of the pb912/Leggo from ibs.it? I have read that it can only surf the ibs.it webpage.

What are the other limits? Anyone from outside Italy has tried it? Can you have the choice of English as the interface language?
pietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:42 AM   #8
xxtraloud
Connoisseur
xxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheese

Device: DX
I am bumping this thread because I am thinking about getting the IBS PB. I have a friend that works for them and I can get it with a discount.

I will probably want to update its firmware but I was wondering if who bought this version had any particular problems. Is the device missing any original hardware or function?
xxtraloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #9
aldomenguzzi
Enthusiast
aldomenguzzi began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello,

I am about to get a PB/IBS 912, and I was wondering if anyone tried installing Anki
http://code.google.com/p/pbanki/
I was also wondering whether it had the option of typing in notes (with a screen keyboard) instead of scribbling them.
Cheers
aldomenguzzi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pb 912