Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-25-2010, 03:00 PM   #1
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Need advice on Android Apps for Mobile Phone

Hello everyone,

My wife recently got a new HTC Eris cellphone with Android. It is the first "Smart" phone in the household. Seeing all that it can do along with all the personal information that resides on it, should I be seriously considering some type of security app? with anti-virus or without?

I have glanced at a few along with some comments, but haven't really looked too deep into it. Not too fond of the idea of backing up to their site.

The ones I have seen are:

Wavesecure
https://www.wavesecure.com/

Mobile Defense
https://www.mobiledefense.com/

Lookout Mobile Security
https://www.mylookout.com/

Any thoughts and/or suggestions would be appreciated. Doesn't have to be a free app, just something supported well and stable.

Thanking you in advance.
uRwhatUr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:49 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
More seriously, your datas are safe as long as you don't install malicious stuff, just like with pc.
Then is the other mater of the phone being lost / stollen. But there, if however find it can find my name to tell where my phone is, i'll be happy.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:16 PM   #3
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
More seriously, your datas are safe as long as you don't install malicious stuff, just like with pc.
Or malicious stuff could reside on a memory card like it did on my new Aluratek Libre ereader! I already scanned the card that came with the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Then is the other mater of the phone being lost / stollen. But there, if however find it can find my name to tell where my phone is, i'll be happy.
Even though the phone will be close to her ( ear/mouth ) the vast majority of the time, anything can happen.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:59 PM   #4
watershawl
Enthusiast
watershawl began at the beginning.

Device: nook
I've never had security on my smart phones. I've had an IPhone and just recently switched to the HTC Hero. <3 the hero.

You definitely need a little app called "Where's My Droid" It finds you phone! A must have app! Especially when you have little elves in your house that like to talk on the phone.
watershawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:49 PM   #5
uRwhatUr
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by watershawl View Post
You definitely need a little app called "Where's My Droid" It finds you phone!
Thanks watershawl, I may give it a try. I was kinda looking for something a little more robust.