Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #46
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdschi View Post
Does anyone know of a place where you can get the ebook without having to provide a credit card but where you can use PayPal? I don't have a credit card (or rather, I don't want to use it for stuff like that) and my usual go-to places like Kobo etc. haven't matched the price and are still at $7.99. Boo!
Diesel has it for $0.99 now too. They take PayPal.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:44 AM   #47
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
If I hadn't already got them, that would have tempted me into temporarily 'moving' to the US.
LOL! Me too. I'm waiting for a sale on 16+
Old 09-17-2013, 05:17 PM   #48
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
New StoryBundle Fantasy Mini Bundle

Looks like StoryBundle launched a second bundle before the Young Adult one concluded:

MINI FANTASY BUNDLE ends September 26:

Welcome to StoryBundle! Our first DRM-free, carefully hand-curated mini-ebook bundle, The Fantasy Mini Bundle, is here! It contains books 1-3 of the Draykon series, books 1-3 of the Emperor's Edge series, and Rise of the Red Shadow, for a total of 7 fantastic fantasy books! The books in this mini bundle were curated by author Joseph Lallo to make sure they're all high quality reads—They're just smaller!

The initial titles in The Fantasy Mini Bundle are:
  • Rise of the Red Shadow by Joseph Lallo, the prequel to the Book of Deacon series featured in our Fantasy Bundle earlier this year
  • Draykon: Omnibus Edition by Charlotte English, the first three books in the Draykon series

If you pay more than the bonus price of just $6, you'll get another three books:
  • The Emperor's Edge Collection: Omnibus Edition by Lindsay Buroker, featuring the first three books in the Emperor's Edge series
Old 09-17-2013, 05:33 PM   #49
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
If I hadn't already got them, that would have tempted me into temporarily 'moving' to the US.
The only problem with geoportation is that you end up with too many accounts that you have to keep track of.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #50
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Diesel is selling Flashforward, by Robert J. Sawyer for $0.97.

Does anything seem strange about this book? The format is DRM epub, but the publisher is given as Macmillan, and I thought Macmillan was DRM-free? Perhaps it is an old edition? They are selling another edition, also by Macmillan, this one DRM-free, for $7.99.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:26 PM   #51
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post

Does anything seem strange about this book? The format is DRM epub, but the publisher is given as Macmillan, and I thought Macmillan was DRM-free? Perhaps it is an old edition? They are selling another edition, also by Macmillan, this one DRM-free, for $7.99.
I don't know about MacMillan overall, but Tor (sometimes Tom Doherty) is a MacMillan imprint and they are DRM-free.
Also, one thing I've noticed about Diesel is that they seem to be a little loose with georestrictions. I've seen some books that are not available in the US from any other ebookstore available at Diesel. That may be why you're seeing two editions.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:40 PM   #52
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Macmillan as a whole is not DRM free, only their Tor imprint (& maybe Forge?). That said, Mr. Sawyer's book is published by Tor so should be DRM free. There's something odd about the $0.97 version, it lists a publisher but not the imprint like other Tor/Macmillan books. Perhaps it's some kind of stray or glitch in the distributors system.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:45 PM   #53
hwlester
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Macmillan as a whole is not DRM free, only their Tor imprint (& maybe Forge?). That said, Mr. Sawyer's book is published by Tor so should be DRM free. There's something odd about the $0.97 version, it lists a publisher but not the imprint like other Tor/Macmillan books. Perhaps it's some kind of stray or glitch in the distributors system.
The odd thing is... the ISBN is identical on both... Snap up the $0.79 one before they notice...
Old 09-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #54
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Diesel has Glen Cook's Chronicles of the Black Company for $0.97.

This is the omnibus edition, the first three books in the Black Company series.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:03 PM   #55
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
The odd thing is... the ISBN is identical on both... Snap up the $0.79 one before they notice...
I know I would if I hadn't already bought it back when we read it for the MR book club. Great deal though...

Quote:

Thanks. Grabbed this one right away.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:58 PM   #56
hwlester
Wizard

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
Quote:
I know I would if I hadn't already bought it back when we read it for the MR book club. Great deal though...
Incidentally, the $0.79 one is indeed TOR, but it is also DRM'd. Perhaps you're right about it being older.

Quote:

Like I really need more to read. I grabbed both of these.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:21 AM   #57
Jdschi
Connoisseur
Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.

Device: Nexus 7.2, PW2
Quote:
Diesel has it for $0.99 now too. They take PayPal.
I just saw this, thanks! Yay! I love Diesel
With the Kobo 50% off and now this and "The Black Company" Omnibus at Diesel, I think I got all of the books on my TBR-list in just one week
Old 09-18-2013, 06:17 PM   #58
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
I just saw this, thanks! Yay! I love Diesel
With the Kobo 50% off and now this and "The Black Company" Omnibus at Diesel, I think I got all of the books on my TBR-list in just one week
Time for a bigger TBR!!!
Old 09-19-2013, 06:22 AM   #59
Jdschi
Connoisseur
Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.

Device: Nexus 7.2, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
Time for a bigger TBR!!!
No, mercy! It's plenty big enough for now, I doubt I can even read all those books until the end of the year and including all those freebies I pick up everyday I think it should last me the next 10 years
Old 09-19-2013, 10:10 AM   #60
hwlester
Wizard

Quote:
No, mercy! It's plenty big enough for now, I doubt I can even read all those books until the end of the year and including all those freebies I pick up everyday I think it should last me the next 10 years
If you only have 10 years of TBR, you have plenty of room to grow.
Closed Thread