Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-18-2013, 12:22 PM   #1
richy1989
Connoisseur
richy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1 & Kindle 4 Black
Unhappy How to get rid of full refresh every page from time to time?

I find a video from YouTube,

I have the same problem showed from the video.

Is there any way to solve the problem of 'refresh'?

Clip the main problem from YouTube:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is my recently acquired Kindle Paperwhite.

I have run across an annoying problem: from time to time the device will start performing a full page refresh at every single page even though the "Page Refresh" option is turned off.

I have observed that, at least in my case, the problem has something to do with the room temperature. As you can see in the video above, a few minutes after the beginning when my AC had the chance to cool the environment, the device will be back to its "normal" behavior.

The video is here.

Last edited by richy1989; 08-18-2013 at 12:36 PM.
richy1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:03 PM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
The firmware detects if the screen is too hot or too cold and takes action to "make it work".

You live somewhere hot? or cold?
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@richy1989: It's a feature, not a bug.

The eInk controller has an 'optimal' working temperature window. If gets too cold/too hot, it will trigger a black flash at every full refresh.

EDIT: Whoops. Too slow!
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:04 AM   #4
richy1989
Connoisseur
richy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel is

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
The firmware detects if the screen is too hot or too cold and takes action to "make it work".

You live somewhere hot? or cold?
The worst case is like this.
It is a worst experience.

My temperature here is about 29~34C
Is it too hot?

Whether it is associated with my Jailbreak or install too much extension just like the JBpatch,usbnetwork,USE_ALL_FONT,KOReader,K5 Collections Manager.

I think I need to uninstall all of the things about Jailbreak.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:07 AM   #5
richy1989
Connoisseur

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@richy1989: It's a feature, not a bug.

The eInk controller has an 'optimal' working temperature window. If gets too cold/too hot, it will trigger a black flash at every full refresh.

EDIT: Whoops. Too slow!
There is a strange case,

I use the Duokan 2013 in the same temperature,

It goes well!

It never slow down because of the temperature!

So, In the hot temperature,

Maybe I need to switch the kindle to Duokan.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:50 AM   #6
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
It's the firmware itself - none of the jailbreak or other extensions interfere with the screen refresh. Though obviously the Amazon firmware does -- which also explains why Duokan doesn't.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:01 AM   #7
Pismire
Small God, also Turtle.
Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Had the same problem. Turns out, once it gets colder, it works like a charm again.

While it is hot, and once you do notice the refresh on every page, it can be quite annoying. But as soon as I stop thinking about it I do not really notice it anymore.
Pismire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #8
richy1989
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
It's the firmware itself - none of the jailbreak or other extensions interfere with the screen refresh. Though obviously the Amazon firmware does -- which also explains why Duokan doesn't.
Kindle‘s hardware configuration is lower than other device.
Some times,the response of the Kindle become slow,
is it effected by installing the jailbreak or other extensions?

When it slow down,I felt very sadly.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:12 PM   #9
richy1989
Connoisseur

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pismire View Post
While it is hot, and once you do notice the refresh on every page, it can be quite annoying. But as soon as I stop thinking about it I do not really notice it anymore.
This is a way to ignore the ’refresh'!
Old 08-19-2013, 10:17 PM   #10
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by richy1989 View Post
Kindle‘s hardware configuration is lower than other device.
Some times,the response of the Kindle become slow,
is it effected by installing the jailbreak or other extensions?

When it slow down,I felt very sadly.
Not likely, probably some of the other things it is doing in the background.
The jailbreak is just a single file added to the system (a 'data file", a certificate).
The other extensions only run when you start them.
With the few exceptions of some of the service daemons - which are designed not to hog cpu.

For instance, the indexer can waste almost 100% of the cpu time when it is running.
And there are other parts nearly as bad.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:35 AM   #11
richy1989
Connoisseur

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Not likely, probably some of the other things it is doing in the background.
The jailbreak is just a single file added to the system (a 'data file", a certificate).
The other extensions only run when you start them.
With the few exceptions of some of the service daemons - which are designed not to hog cpu.

For instance, the indexer can waste almost 100% of the cpu time when it is running.
And there are other parts nearly as bad.
I never use the function of indexer.
For to save the CPU,
I think I only have to use the device just like K3 K4,
it will be more efficiency of CPU and running faster!
Old 08-21-2013, 06:39 AM   #12
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by richy1989 View Post
I never use the function of indexer.
For to save the CPU,
I think I only have to use the device just like K3 K4,
it will be more efficiency of CPU and running faster!
If you have found a way to disable the indexer, please let us know.
It is part of the system that you never see.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:13 AM   #13
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Disable/Enable Indexer
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=220735
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote