Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-04-2011, 08:13 PM   #1
ASparrow
Addict
ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX
Vultures in the Playground - FREE at Smashwords

This one is finally polished enough to mention. Now it's on to the next two:

http://www.amazon.com/Vultures-in-th...8158331&sr=1-1

VULTURES IN THE PLAYGROUND (Adventure/Thriller)

Mugged fresh off a plane in Liberia, Archie Parsons is lucky to limit the damage to a scalp contusion and a stolen passport. Turns out, these weren’t ordinary thugs. They work for a powerful and shadowy industrial consortium that specializes in political assassination. Through a series of mishaps, Archie's identity becomes confused with that of their lead assassin - a man named Black.

Extended Description:

Name: Archie Parsons. Occupation: Malaria consultant. Hobbies: Mosquito husbandry. Boulder climbing. Long walks at sunset in failed states.

That last item nearly gets Archie killed when he is mugged fresh off a plane in Liberia. He is lucky to limit his damage to a scalp contusion and a stolen passport.

Turns out, these weren’t run-of-the-mill thugs. They work for a secret and powerful industrial consortium. Their goals: murder and identity theft. They want Archie’s visas and connections with Ministers to lubricate a killing spree of obstructive politicians and activists in and around the Gulf of Guinea. The executions are to be handled by their top assassin – a man named Black.

During a second attempt to take down Archie, Black is killed in a freak accident in an airport washroom. But the consortium assumes that their man prevailed. He’s Agent Black, after all.

They blindly shuttle Archie all over West Africa, providing airline tickets, weapons and intelligence via briefcases left in luxury hotel suites. For a time he plays along, exploiting his mistaken identity to warn intended targets of their peril.

When the consortium discovers their error, they dispatch Black’s East African counterpart, a man named White, to set things straight. Archie finds himself pitted against the most brutal corporate assassin on the African continent.

The State Department won’t help him because he’s officially deceased, not to mention, some of their people are consortium plants. The only person who comes to his aide is his cat-sitter Melissa, a young woman with a shadowy past that makes her much more formidable than she seems.

Last edited by ASparrow; 10-09-2011 at 07:07 AM.
ASparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:24 PM   #2
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Another book already?

I really have to get around to reading Sonant which I decided would be my introduction to your writing.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:32 AM   #3
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Thanks. I look forward to your next two books.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:25 AM   #4
ASparrow
Addict
ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Another book already?

I really have to get around to reading Sonant which I decided would be my introduction to your writing.
Productivity is one benefit of not pausing to promote.

Sonant, I would have to say is more typical of my work and more accessible to a first-time reader than the Xenolith books or Lethe. Vultures is an anomaly in that it contains nothing fantastical or supernatural, but it's breezier (shorter?) than anything else I've written. I look forward to your impressions.

Last edited by ASparrow; 08-05-2011 at 07:31 AM.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:29 AM   #5
ASparrow
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Thanks. I look forward to your next two books.
Thanks again for all your help! Right now, I'm oscillating between a third book in the Xenolith/Peregrin vein and a new fantasy called 'Root' that has been tugging at me a little more strongly. I suspect 'Root' will be finished first, hopefully by Christmas. 'Sojourner' may take till next summer to complete. Its plot is a little more complicated.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:30 AM   #6
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
I just downloaded this and put it on the list! Looks like it'll be pretty good!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:59 AM   #7
ASparrow
Addict

This was my first non-fantasy novel. It was fun, but I'm back writing fantasy again. Though, I'm already sketching out another adventure set in Africa called 'Russ Too Far' about a garden tiller salesman from Indiana caught in Western Ethiopia during a revolution.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #8
ASparrow
Addict

Dweebish malaria consultant gets entangled with assassins in West Africa.
[Shortened URL deleted - MODERATOR]

Perma-free in the Kindle store.

There's a surge of interest today, out of the blue. How odd. This story seems to polarize my readers the most.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-04-2016 at 02:55 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #9
ASparrow
Addict

Don't read this book. You'll go blind.

Tags
adventure, africa, free, kindle, thriller