Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #226
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by preempalver View Post
What I did in order to create the italian morphems.txt is analyze the corresponding english file taking as reference the russian file instruction.rtf found with DicConverter. Google was really helpful in this case . Then I tried to translate grammar rules I have found in Wikipaedia. check "polish language", I think it could be a good summary of cases, exceptions, singular to plural rules... at least a starting point.
Thanks! That's really helpful. I took an introductory course in Russian 30 years ago, so I think I can muddle through the rtf file, though I'll google around as well, for sure. It looks simpler than I thought it would be. Also, I think the morphemes for Polish would be pretty similar to the Russian ones (though with a different alphabet), so I'll check that file out, too.

The collates.txt file looks more enigmatic to me. I'm not sure what the binary elements are between the ASCII characters in the english file. Are they some kind of UTF-8 codes?
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:52 AM   #227
dtanis
Enthusiast
dtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud of

Device: PocketBook Pro 912
Hello rkomar,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Thanks! That's really helpful. I took an introductory course in Russian 30 years ago, so I think I can muddle through the rtf file, though I'll google around as well, for sure. It looks simpler than I thought it would be. Also, I think the morphemes for Polish would be pretty similar to the Russian ones (though with a different alphabet), so I'll check that file out, too.
If you're successful, could you post the morphems file here?

Quote:
The collates.txt file looks more enigmatic to me. I'm not sure what the binary elements are between the ASCII characters in the english file. Are they some kind of UTF-8 codes?
It's no so difficult. It's just a table for transforming foreign language characters to the language alphabet in uppercase. It also transforms the punctuation marks to nothing (ignoring rule). The binary elements you talked about are just UTF-8 codes for characters which the font in your editor can't display because it doesn't have the correct glyphs. Use a full unicode font and you'll see that more characters will appear.

So for a Polish collate file, take the English version and add entries for the extra polish letters: ĘÓĄŃŚŁŻŹĆ (don't forget to delete these characters, upper and lower case, from the original entries). It's quite easy so I made a Polish one for you. It's attached to this message.
Attached Files
File Type: zip pl.zip (1.3 KB, 480 views)
dtanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #228
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtanis View Post
If you're successful, could you post the morphems file here?
Certainly. It will probably take a while though (a few weeks). There are a lot of grammatical morphemes in Polish and I'm no longer fluent in the language.

Quote:
It's no so difficult. It's just a table for transforming foreign language characters to the language alphabet in uppercase. It also transforms the punctuation marks to nothing (ignoring rule). The binary elements you talked about are just UTF-8 codes for characters which the font in your editor can't display because it doesn't have the correct glyphs. Use a full unicode font and you'll see that more characters will appear.

So for a Polish collate file, take the English version and add entries for the extra polish letters: ĘÓĄŃŚŁŻŹĆ (don't forget to delete these characters, upper and lower case, from the original entries). It's quite easy so I made a Polish one for you. It's attached to this message.
Thanks very much for the collates.txt file. I have no excuse not to continue now.

It looks like the first line of business for me is to get my editor working with a full unicode font. I can then start with the most common morphemes and keep adding more as I remember/discover them. The only thing I'm not sure of is what happens in the case of competing rules in the morphems.txt file. Is the first one given priority, or are all of them applied to give multiple answers? I suppose I'll see when I try out the dictionary on the device.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:00 PM   #229
dtanis
Enthusiast
dtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud of

Quote:
It looks like the first line of business for me is to get my editor working with a full unicode font.
Not necessarily, I think. For the morphemes it only has to display the Polish alphabet chars and I think that a standard editor nowadays shouldn't have any problems with that. Don't forget the file needs to be UTF-8 encoded.

Quote:
The only thing I'm not sure of is what happens in the case of competing rules in the morphems.txt file. Is the first one given priority, or are all of them applied to give multiple answers?
I already tested that when I made a Japanese morphemes file (not yet completed but it works). The first lines have a higher priority than later lines.

Success with the development.

Last edited by dtanis; 07-06-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #230
Yo7
Yo7 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch 622
Hello everyone,

Sorry for my poor English. I would like to know if anyone knows if the French/English- English/French Collins and Oxford-Hachette dictionary which are sold in Obreey Store are better than the ABBYY Lingvo dictionary ?

https://store.obreey.com/eng/diction...+dictionnaires

Thank you very much.
Yo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #231
angelos_cy
angelos_cy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, CyBook Odyssey, PocketBook Touch 622
Babylon Greek-English dictionary for PocketBook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by panosmar View Post
Hello to everyone,

I read this forum a for a long time (since I had a Hanlin V3 clone that I dropped down by accident and it does not work now).
So I am a happy new owner of PocketBook 360 . Since there was not any English-Greek dictionary, I made one, following the instructions from this conversation. It is my honor to share it to anyone who need's it.
Could we also have a Greek to English dictionary? I have searched the whole internet but I haven't found the corresponding .dic file for Babylon Greek-English dictionary.

Thanks in advance!
Ευχαριστώ εκ των προτέρων!
angelos_cy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #232
angelos_cy

Is it possible to use the attached dictionary in my PocketBook Touch?
Attached Files
File Type: bz2 Babylon Greek English.tar.bz2 (1.35 MB, 435 views)
Old 08-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #233
rkomar
Wizard

The PocketBook dictionaries are in a proprietary format. You can convert from other formats to the PB one using an application that they provide, but you need to provide three files for it that depend on the source language (Greek in your case). collates.txt is for converting lower case and accented characters to upper case. keyboard.txt is for creating a software keyboard that can be used for searching in the source language. morphems.txt gives rules for matching searched words with the dictionary entries (things like dropping the "s" from pluralized words in English,...). It's the last file that can be a lot of work to create for new source languages. Since (I think) there is no Greek to any other language dictionary for the PB yet, you'd have to create those three files yourself.

Going from English to some other new language is much easier, since you can use the same three files that were used for converting other English->X dictionaries. In fact, PocketBook provides the English ones with their convertor application.

Maybe you can get by with an empty morphems.txt file, but then you'd only see exact matches when doing dictionary lookups.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:55 AM   #234
angelos_cy

Quote:
morphems.txt can be a lot of work to create for new source languages…
Thanks for the quick reply and for all the info! I’m willing to work on the morphems.txt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omk3 View Post
…If I can't find a ready list I think I'm going to give up, it's too much work…
I could help with the Greek morphems.txt. Have you given up trying? If you have done so, could I continue from where you have stopped? Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtanis View Post
…This weekend I converted succesfully some Babylon dictionaries…
I see that you are doing a great job converting several dictionaries. Could you convert the Babylon Greek English.tar attached above in .dic format to work with PocketBook devices? Is it necessary to have the morphems.txt in order to do that? Thanks in advance!
Old 08-10-2012, 09:11 AM   #235
angelos_cy

Quote:
Originally Posted by panosmar View Post
...Since there was not any English-Greek dictionary, I made one, following the instructions from this conversation. It is my honor to share it to anyone who need's it...
Thank you very much! Could you convert the Babylon Greek English.tar.bz2, as well? Or, you need the morphems.txt in order to do that?
Old 08-11-2012, 12:01 AM   #236
dtanis
Enthusiast

Hello angelos_cy

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelos_cy View Post
Thanks for the quick reply and for all the info! I’m willing to work on the morphems.txt.
If you could produce a working Greek morpheme file, that would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelos_cy View Post
I see that you are doing a great job converting several dictionaries. Could you convert the Babylon Greek English.tar attached above in .dic format to work with PocketBook devices? Is it necessary to have the morphems.txt in order to do that? Thanks in advance!
No, a working morpheme file is not necessary, but as rkomar already said, it won't recognize a non dictionary form of a word (like verb conjugations, plural/singular forms) unless the dictionary also contains the non dictionary forms.

I checked your posted Babylon Gr-En dictionary which was converted to the Startdict format. It wasn't correctly converted because it contains encoding errors. I guess it's converted via the dictconv tool which can give encoding problems (see my message at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=212). I therefore recommend the ConvertBabylon python tool (http://code.google.com/p/stardict-3/wiki/ConvertBabylon) which never gave me problems with the free Babylon dictionaries.

So I made a new conversion from the original Babylon file and created a Greek/English keyboard and collate file and converted the dictionary to the PocketBook dic format. You can download it at http://www.theochem.ru.nl/~dtanis/fi...ylon_Gr-En.zip. The archive also contains the xdxf file (converted from the Stardict format) and the language dir which contains the Greek keyboard, the collate and the empty morpheme file. With these files and PB's converter program you can self recreate the Gr-En dictionary for the PocketBook if you want to change things or for the development of the morpheme file.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:49 AM   #237
angelos_cy

dtanis
Thank you very much!
I'll try it asap and I'll go on with the morphems.txt as soon as I have free time.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:09 PM   #238
preempalver
Connoisseur
preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: PocketBook pro 603 (Leggo IBS fw PB 2.1.3)
Hi,
I've made some small changes in my Italian monolingual dictionary.
The .dic file and source are here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...62#post1452562
preempalver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:37 AM   #239
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
For anyone needing Wordnet dictionary for Pocketbook, (EN-EN), I am just leaving it here for you, ready-made.

Made from wordnet XDXF from XDXF page at sourceforge with converter.

Attached: Wordnet dictionary for pocketbook.
Attached Files
File Type: zip WordNet.zip (9.21 MB, 809 views)
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #240
SIRSteiner
Nameless Being

Good morning!

After weeks of work my ultimate dictionary (En-En) is ready for use. It contains en.wiktionary.org and the missing entries from Webster's. More than 472.000 entries included!!! Now you have a dictionary with old (i.e. quoth) and new (like AFAIK, RTFM...) entries. I hope it will help you in most situations.

You can find the final dictionary here in the first posting.

If you want appreciate this work with a donation please send a private message to get my bank details.

Thank you and regards
Ronny

Last edited by SIRSteiner; 10-04-2012 at 12:45 AM.