Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-31-2024, 01:08 PM   #1
kobofails
kobofails began at the beginning.

Device: kobo clara hd
Exclamation SD card empty after failed start

Hi,

I've searched existing threads but I didn't find any similar fail on Kobo Clara HD reported on the forum.
After a failed start, SD card was erased on my ereader. The ereader doesn't start now and I always have the 3 dots screen. Even after charging the battery at full capacity.
I have tried all the resest procedures provided by Kobo on their official website in vain.
Now when I connect the SD card on my desktop computer through an adaptator I don't have the .kobo directory. See screenshot. When I try to repair the SD card on disk utility (I use Macos), the process goes well but I still can't start the ereader.
How can I fix the SD card and start again the ereader ?
I have talked to Kobo and they don't do any maintenance on their ereaders. They only propose me to buy a new one... (no comment).
The screen is perfect and I don't have the intention to buy another one.
I've read some articles on other websites where the process seemed to be always related with the .kobo directory, which I don't have anymore on the SD card. So I'm stucked.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sin título.png
Views:	42
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	207257  
kobofails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 02:24 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I've sent a PM with the link to an image of a Clara HD µSD card. You will have to use Balena Etcher or similar to write the image using a Mac. I don't own a Mac so any help I can offer is limited. Please note I recommend writing the image to a new µSD card. One item that I'm not certain on is that while you would be seeing 3 partitions on the µSD card when you connect it directly to a Linux box but I'm not certain if a Mac will see the 2 ext4 partitions.

Last edited by DNSB; 03-31-2024 at 02:27 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 03:20 AM   #3
kobofails

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I've sent a PM with the link to an image of a Clara HD µSD card. You will have to use Balena Etcher or similar to write the image using a Mac. I don't own a Mac so any help I can offer is limited. Please note I recommend writing the image to a new µSD card. One item that I'm not certain on is that while you would be seeing 3 partitions on the µSD card when you connect it directly to a Linux box but I'm not certain if a Mac will see the 2 ext4 partitions.
Thanks a lot! I will try to do it on another SD card.
Old 04-07-2024, 11:43 AM   #4
kobofails

Fail again

Hi,
I've done the following :
- Begin to clone the old sd car with balena etcher on a USB drive -> it failed 2 times
- Install the .img file with balena etcher on a new sd car -> Success
- Put the new sd card in the kobo ereader -> Success
- Close the ereader and try to start -> Fail, nothing happens
- Plug it with usb on Macos -> Fail nothing happens
Any help will be apreciated.
Bye.