Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-16-2011, 01:58 PM   #46
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
I would recommend the Shannara series by Terry Brooks. It starts off with The Sword of Shannara.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:04 PM   #47
Ryvyan
I read what I want.
Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPhone 6, Kobo Clara
I'm seconding recommendation of Robin Hobb's "Farseer Trilogy". I was never much of a fan of the fantasy genre outside of Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett (I especially enjoy their jointly written "Good Omens") and a friend persuaded me to read the series, and I have only three words: IT WAS AWESOME.

The following series were alright though, but I blame the Farseer Trilogy for being too addictive.
Ryvyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2011, 12:24 PM   #48
cearbhallain
Groupie
cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryvyan View Post
I'm seconding recommendation of Robin Hobb's "Farseer Trilogy". I was never much of a fan of the fantasy genre outside of Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett (I especially enjoy their jointly written "Good Omens") and a friend persuaded me to read the series, and I have only three words: IT WAS AWESOME.

The following series were alright though, but I blame the Farseer Trilogy for being too addictive.
Speaking of Robin Hobb: I just read the two dragon books. Dragon Keeper and Dragon Haven. Pretty standard adventure/romance with some nice character development over the course of both books. Kept me entertained.
cearbhallain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 07:40 AM   #49
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by richvalle View Post
Raymond E. Feist's Riftwar books are good though the series has gotten long and rambling by now.
I haven't read these but his Faery Tale is stand alone and excellent!
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote