Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-16-2012, 02:05 AM   #1
perx
perx began at the beginning.

Device: Android tablet
Trouble with multiple content server instances

Hi, I'm having trouble getting multiple instances of calibre to run the way I want. I'd like to have one instance for books and another for magazines, but whether I use different libraries or the same libraries with different filters, the content is always the same, whatever I had open last in calibre. I'm on the latest version, does anyone see anything wrong with the command lines I'm using? I'm not getting any errors, the content server runs on the correct ports etc, just that the library content is always the same, whatever library was opened last in calibre.

- For separate libraries -
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\calibre-server.exe" --port 9071 -- username "usernamehere" --password "passwordhere" --with-library "F:\My Books\Magazines"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\calibre-server.exe" --port 9070 -- username "usernamehere" --password "passwordhere" --with-library "F:\My Books\Books"

- For one library, separate filters -
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\calibre-server.exe" --port 9070 -- username "usernamehere" --password "passwordhere" --with-library "F:\My Books\Books" --restriction "Books"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\calibre-server.exe" --port 9071 -- username "usernamehere" --password "passwordhere" --with-library "F:\My Books\Books" --restriction "Magazines"
perx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:59 AM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by perx View Post
Hi, I'm having trouble getting multiple instances of calibre to run the way I want. I'd like to have one instance for books and another for magazines, but whether I use different libraries or the same libraries with different filters, the content is always the same, whatever I had open last in calibre. I'm on the latest version, does anyone see anything wrong with the command lines I'm using? I'm not getting any errors, the content server runs on the correct ports etc, just that the library content is always the same, whatever library was opened last in calibre.

- For separate libraries -
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\calibre-server.exe" --port 9071 -- username "usernamehere" --password "passwordhere" --with-library "F:\My Books\Magazines"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\calibre-server.exe" --port 9070 -- username "usernamehere" --password "passwordhere" --with-library "F:\My Books\Books"

- For one library, separate filters -
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\calibre-server.exe" --port 9070 -- username "usernamehere" --password "passwordhere" --with-library "F:\My Books\Books" --restriction "Books"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\calibre-server.exe" --port 9071 -- username "usernamehere" --password "passwordhere" --with-library "F:\My Books\Books" --restriction "Magazines"
For the separate libraries thing, no idea why it shouldn't work. I've actually got 6 different libraries on 6 different ports and they all work fine. Just a thought, you're using --username and not -- username, right (note the extra space on the latter)?

Another thing, you do have a saved search set up for the separate filters, right?
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2012, 01:06 AM   #3
perx
perx began at the beginning.

Device: Android tablet
well, you clued into the solution. I did have a space between -- and username, that must have caused the issue. Works now.

On a side note, do you have to restart the content server after you add new content (to refresh it), or should it refresh automatically?
perx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:24 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by perx View Post
On a side note, do you have to restart the content server after you add new content (to refresh it), or should it refresh automatically?
If you start the Content server via the GUI, then the GUI takes care of restarting after new content is added.

If started manually as you seem to be doing then it is up to you to do the restart after adding new content to get the new content to show.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote