Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 07-06-2010, 09:54 PM   #1
jerrywojo
Connoisseur
jerrywojo began at the beginning.

Jetbook no longer supporting epub?

Just flashed my reg Jetbook to v35e. And it no longer supports epub format.

None of my epub's will load. I'm getting a "failed to open this file" error message. Epubs not loading from both resident memory and sd card.

Calibre generated news not loading either.

Epubs loaded fine with previous firmware.35d

Would like to restore to a previous version but it won't allow me do so.

Is there a way to reset to factory default?

tia
jerrywojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:45 AM   #2
jerrywojo
Connoisseur

Update: Tried to re-flash back to 35D wouldn't take. Flashing back to 35A did work however. And my epub files are now working again.

Going to hold off upgrading until a more stable/final firmware version appears.

Anyone know why the conflict with epubs in 35e compared to earlier firmwares? ADE?

Did notice the Adobe Sytems TM in the 35e splash screen and this made me a little nervous in regards to possible crippling proprietary issues that could arise.
Advert
Old 07-07-2010, 11:26 AM   #3
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
I used 35e and had no trouble with ePUB. Back to 35a for me though so I could use tselling's mods.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:08 PM   #4
jerrywojo
Connoisseur

I'll add that the majority of epubs that were not loading for me were those I had converted with Calibre. Gutenberg epubs loaded okay but had the annoying zoom bug.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:20 PM   #5
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Is this 0.35e or 0.35g?
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2010, 05:37 AM   #6
jerrywojo
Connoisseur

was using 35e
Old 07-08-2010, 10:25 AM   #7
dougf4
Connoisseur
dougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook Tablet (Rooted), jetbook lite
I saw this synopsis on a Google Search on Jetbook. It states it is from "9 hours ago."

I see no News Release on the Jetbook site. Any net detectives out there that can discover more on this?

Maybe the "9 hours ago " is a mislabel and this is old news????

"#
jetBook
ECTACO, Inc. has just announced that in addition to the original range of TXT, fb2, PDF and jpg file support, jetBook now boasts support for books encoded ...
www.jetbook.net/ - 9 hours ago - Cached - Similar
#
Press Center - jetBook"
dougf4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:04 AM   #8
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
hmmmm, just checked it out with an ePub book, everything seems to work fine
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote