Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-14-2012, 01:47 PM   #1
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Better hyph_en.dic?

Kobo uses the Adobe hyphen files which seem not to be the best.
I already replaced my native German one with a better one and I wonder if someone knows a better English one too?
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:57 AM   #2
Spheres
Spheres is faster than slow light.Spheres is faster than slow light.Spheres is faster than slow light.Spheres is faster than slow light.Spheres is faster than slow light.Spheres is faster than slow light.Spheres is faster than slow light.Spheres is faster than slow light.Spheres is faster than slow light.Spheres is faster than slow light.Spheres is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
I already replaced my native German one with a better one
Hey WS64, this sounds interesting!

How did you do this and how did you find that out? I have no *.dic file on my KT which I could replace.

What replacement german dic file did you use or where did you get it from? I have several hyph_*.dic files flying around here (on linux), i.e. from LibreOffice.
Spheres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2012, 07:31 AM   #3
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
I have edited the KoboRoot.tgz file.
The hypen files are in \KoboRoot.tgz\KoboRoot20.tar\.\usr\local\Kobo\hyph enDicts\
After updating something there I have copied the tgz file again in the .kobo directory and the Kobo did an update.

The German file I use is this one: http://www.j3e.de/myspell/hyph_de_OLDSPELL.zip
I have added the three lines
UTF-8
LEFTHYPHENMIN 3
RIGHTHYPHENMIN 3
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote