Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-09-2015, 09:39 PM   #91
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I believe DeDRMing also clears the meta field that indicates TTS permissions for the book.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:58 AM   #92
sstuardo
sstuardo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle keyboard
@eschwartz, sorry didn't know it was forbidden to post copyrighted content

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
Documenting, If it can help.
Yep, exactly the same version I have

Quote:
BTW, I can TTS all of my books with the unmodified hack and I have removed DRM in all of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I believe DeDRMing also clears the meta field that indicates TTS permissions for the book.
I wish I knew that before
Is there any other advantage of DRM removal?

Last edited by sstuardo; 08-10-2015 at 09:17 AM.
sstuardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2015, 09:22 AM   #93
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
It's great for removing restrictions.

TTS, conversion, moving between devices, all these are blocked by restrictions enforced through DRM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:34 AM   #94
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstuardo View Post
@eschwartz, sorry didn't know it was forbidden to post copyrighted content
- - - -
You could bzdiff the two jar files and probably post the resulting bzpatch file.

That would probably qualify on three grounds:
*) A fair use quote
*) An automated "HowTo Edit It Yourself"
*) The **difference** is your creation, I.E: your property.

(Non-Moderator, Non-Lawyer, distinctive color. )
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 08:53 AM   #95
paitchison
paitchison began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Talking Alter TTS Speed

Just followed the guide to successfully change the TTS voice, worked great thanks!

But I need to speed read some books for work...do any of you know how to hack the TTS speed settings in the Kindle Fire UK?

I use Ghostreader on my iMac at home at a speed of 700 - at the Kindle Fire's max speed of 4x it sounds more like 350-400 on Ghostreader - but Kindle's TTS is portable so I could speed read all the way to work rather than it taking up my own time at home if I can get the speed increased...

Would be good too for those who read fiction and want to micro adjust speeds in the slower range up or down...

Hopefully one of you clever coders can figure this out, I can even make a small donation to make it work your while!

Thanks - Paul
paitchison is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2015, 09:38 AM   #96
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by paitchison View Post
Just followed the guide to successfully change the TTS voice, worked great thanks!

But I need to speed read some books for work...do any of you know how to hack the TTS speed settings in the Kindle Fire UK?

I use Ghostreader on my iMac at home at a speed of 700 - at the Kindle Fire's max speed of 4x it sounds more like 350-400 on Ghostreader - but Kindle's TTS is portable so I could speed read all the way to work rather than it taking up my own time at home if I can get the speed increased...

Would be good too for those who read fiction and want to micro adjust speeds in the slower range up or down...

Hopefully one of you clever coders can figure this out, I can even make a small donation to make it work your while!

Thanks - Paul
Wrong forum.
We don't do color Kindles here, only grayscale.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 10:49 AM   #97
pinofly
pinofly began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanghil View Post
HI guys
thank you for the great job
I have tried for a couple of hours but I can't have it working, so I am here to ask you some help
I have a kindle 3 Wifi with FW 3.4.1
I have jailbroken it with version 0.13.N (the last updated available, as far as I've found)

Everything was OK

Then I have followed instructions to ad an Italian voice to my kindle
The problem is I can't have the update_usertts_3r2 or even update_usertts_3r3 work on my kindle

I mean the correct bin file (update_usertts_3r2_k3w_install.bin) was put on home directory of my kindle
I have ejected and unplugged device
I have tried to update through [HOME] -> [MENU] > Settings -> [MENU] > Update Your Kindle procedure BUT the menu item is not available (it's light grey and not selectable)
Whitelist is ok: update_usertts is in and anyway I also tried to put the whitelist provided on voicepack repository

Same with version update_usertts_3r3_k3w_install.bin
If I restart kindle with update present i root directory, I get an error 3 and I need to restart with key "R", kindle restart but obviously no update was installed (bin file is deleted from root dir)

Is there any incompatibility with my version of kindle and or fw (3.4.1)?
Or I am missing some important step

Thank you for your help
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
I had something similar happen with installing launchpad on my K3W with 3.4.1 firmware. You will need to use the software installer in KUAL to get this done. See the KUAL thread for details.

Dave
Im having the same problem I have a k3g with 3.4.2 and the Update your kindle is greyed out. I tryed wit KUAL MR Package Installer and it does not throw any error, but the usertts does not work.

Should I try to use kindle tools? I've never used it.

Last edited by pinofly; 09-19-2015 at 07:11 PM.
pinofly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 07:17 PM   #98
pinofly

I tried using kindle tools, using the following comands:

Code:
kindletool convert -k update_usertts_3r3_k3g_install.bin
Code:
kindletool create ota -d k3g update_usertts_3r3_k3g_install_converted.tar.gz update_usertts_3r3_k3g_install.bin
The output was:

Code:
Building OTA V1 (FC02) update package 'update_usertts_3r3_k3g_install.bin' directly from 'update_usertts_3r3_k3g_install_converted.tar.gz' for 1 device (Kindle 3 Wifi+3G), Min. OTA: 0, Target OTA: MAX, Optional: 0.
I used the the resulting bin file. The installation went fine, but when I used the TTS, the wait circle on top left kept circling for ever and I had to hard reset the Kindle.

I ran out of ideas....
Old 09-26-2015, 09:18 AM   #99
pinofly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivofounder View Post
I've tried to change tts rearder on my kindle 3 but when I select "turn ON" the kindle freeses!

Jailbreaked OK (0.10N)
Usertts3r3 OK
dir \male and \female created
after restart dir \data appared (maile and femaled disappared)

but it still freeses

Can You help me?

Ps voices installed:
\male (standard kindle voice (eng))
\female (silvia ita)

Never mind! I solved my problem tks

PS Great hack!
Hi

How did you solve it. Im having the same problem you had.

Last edited by pinofly; 09-26-2015 at 09:23 AM.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:53 PM   #100
pinofly

OK, I solved my problem puting the usertts.ini file on launcpad directory. It said thta was only for multiple data directories, but I did it anyway and worked like a charm.
Old 07-08-2016, 12:04 AM   #101
doctoralvarez
Connoisseur
doctoralvarez began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Hello, how to put this files to work on new paperwhite ?
I have downloaded a spanish tts "Diego" but its a .hdr file and I have already installed voice file from Amazon, but I can only download it in English
What else can I do? :Help:
doctoralvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:09 AM   #102
Tony556
Tony556 is generous with chocolateTony556 is generous with chocolateTony556 is generous with chocolateTony556 is generous with chocolateTony556 is generous with chocolateTony556 is generous with chocolateTony556 is generous with chocolateTony556 is generous with chocolateTony556 is generous with chocolateTony556 is generous with chocolateTony556 is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 90C6
Does anyone have the files for this still? Ge.tt and Gitbrew are both dead in the water.
Tony556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:43 AM   #103
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony556 View Post
Does anyone have the files for this still? Ge.tt and Gitbrew are both dead in the water.
I saved it at the time.

I also had collected theses voices (1GB), PM me should you need any:
Code:
kindle-voice-cs-zuzana.src.zip       
kindle-voice-da-ida.src.zip          
kindle-voice-de-steffi.src.zip       
kindle-voice-de-yannick.src.zip      
kindle-voice-el-alexandros.src.zip   
kindle-voice-en_GB-daniel.src.zip    
kindle-voice-en_GB-serena.src.zip    
kindle-voice-en_US-samantha.src.zip  
kindle-voice-en_US-tom.src.zip    
kindle-voice-es-diego.src.zip     
kindle-voice-es-monica.src.zip    
kindle-voice-fr-thomas.src.zip    
kindle-voice-fr-virginie.src.zip  
kindle-voice-hu-eszter.src.zip    
kindle-voice-it-silvia.src.zip    
kindle-voice-nl-claire.src.zip
kindle-voice-no-stine.src.zip
kindle-voice-pl-agata.src.zip
kindle-voice-pt_BR-raquel.src.zip
kindle-voice-ru-katerina.src.zip
kindle-voice-ru-milena.src.zip
kindle-voice-sk-laura.src.zip
kindle-voice-sv-alva.src.zip
Attached Files
File Type: zip usertts.zip (11.4 KB, 351 views)
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 09:13 PM   #104
samuelcaldas
samuelcaldas began at the beginning.

Device: K3g, k2
Quote:
I saved it at the time.

I also had collected theses voices (1GB), PM me should you need any:
Code:
kindle-voice-cs-zuzana.src.zip       
kindle-voice-da-ida.src.zip          
kindle-voice-de-steffi.src.zip       
kindle-voice-de-yannick.src.zip      
kindle-voice-el-alexandros.src.zip   
kindle-voice-en_GB-daniel.src.zip    
kindle-voice-en_GB-serena.src.zip    
kindle-voice-en_US-samantha.src.zip  
kindle-voice-en_US-tom.src.zip    
kindle-voice-es-diego.src.zip     
kindle-voice-es-monica.src.zip    
kindle-voice-fr-thomas.src.zip    
kindle-voice-fr-virginie.src.zip  
kindle-voice-hu-eszter.src.zip    
kindle-voice-it-silvia.src.zip    
kindle-voice-nl-claire.src.zip
kindle-voice-no-stine.src.zip
kindle-voice-pl-agata.src.zip
kindle-voice-pt_BR-raquel.src.zip
kindle-voice-ru-katerina.src.zip
kindle-voice-ru-milena.src.zip
kindle-voice-sk-laura.src.zip
kindle-voice-sv-alva.src.zip
Can you send it to me?
all of them, if possible?
if not, "pt_br" would already solve.
samuelcaldas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 06:54 AM   #105
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Sure, I will send you a link once you enable PM (Personal Messaging).

1- go to User CP (left on the blue bar at the top)
2- under Setting & Options select Edit Options
3- under Messaging and Notifications check the Enable Private Messaging box.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote