Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-15-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
Stephiepoo
Stephiepoo began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Windows 7, doesn't recognize Nook Color

I can't get my computer to recognize my Nook Color, any suggestions? I would love to use Calibre tp upload to my Nook, but my comp won't read that its hooked up...TIA!
Stephiepoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:50 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Stephiepoo started another thread, but I told her to start a different one which specifically addresses the problem. She confirmed that her NC is unlocked, but the OS still doesn't recognize it.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2010, 01:03 PM   #3
zeroh
Zealot
zeroh doesn't litterzeroh doesn't litter

Device: nook color
can you try opening device manager and see if the Nook Color is recognized or if you get something showing up with a yellow warning sign?

to get to device manager, click on Start (windows logo on bottom left). Then type in the search box: Device. You should see a list where Device Manager shows up. Click on it.

Leave the NC unplugged while you do this or unplug it if it's plugged in... wait about 10 seconds and plug it back in. You should see the device manager window change a bit as it finds a new device. Then come back and tell us what it finds (an item with a warning sign or the nook).
zeroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:04 PM   #4
Stephiepoo

thanks so much Scion! I figured it out by googling it!! I'm all set now!! Wouldn't of been able to figure it out without you!
Old 12-15-2010, 01:05 PM   #5
Stephiepoo

zeroh, that is exactly what I did! Thanks for your response!
Advert
Old 12-15-2010, 01:06 PM   #6
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Fab!
Old 12-15-2010, 01:07 PM   #7
bilbothejust
Enthusiast
bilbothejust is on a distinguished road

Device: iPad -> Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephiepoo View Post
thanks so much Scion! I figured it out by googling it!! I'm all set now!! Wouldn't of been able to figure it out without you!
I know...the folks on this forum are very helpful.
bilbothejust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:11 PM   #8
Stephiepoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbothejust View Post
I know...the folks on this forum are very helpful.
so true! LOVE IT! All by books are now on my Nook! quick and easy!
Old 12-15-2010, 01:12 PM   #9
zeroh
Zealot
zeroh doesn't litterzeroh doesn't litter

Device: nook color
awesome.
zeroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:12 PM   #10
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephiepoo View Post
so true! LOVE IT! All by books are now on my Nook! quick and easy!
Yeah, calibre rocks!
Old 02-07-2011, 09:46 PM   #11
twirlermom79
twirlermom79 began at the beginning.

Device: color nook
I'm having the same problem and cannot get it to recognize my nook - can you give me more specific ideas for correcting. Nothing shows up on the device manager when I plug it in.
twirlermom79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:04 AM   #12
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted
Calibre.......argh.....I still need to figure that out........I don't own a big library of books though......been too busy keeping up with the free library books......
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:48 PM   #13
Harry001
Addict
Harry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enough

Device: palmone lifedrive+sonyreader 505+NookColor+HPTouchpad \32GB+NookSimple
calibre on nookcolor

Hi joker,
i wrote that for stephiepoo but maybe it can help you, too

try this:

connect the nc to your computer
windows will ask, if you want to check the device - decline that.
windows will ask again for your sd-card - decline it again.
start calibre
calibre will ask what the reading device is and what output form you would like.
go to b&n than nookcolor - for output format check epub.
after a while, you see your device in calibre and your sd-card.
press add book in calibre (brow book with a + on it) - brouse to the folder that content your books, click open
your books should arrive in the calibre-library after a while

mark the new books and click to convert books upper line brown icon with up and down arrows

after a while calibre is ready with converting.

right click on the first book and go with the mouspointer on "edit metadata", click "edit metadata individually" with left mouse
now you can change the title and the author.
when that is right, go on the lower left and click - "fetch metadata from server."
normally your computer will find over the internet the metadata and the titel pictures.
do that for all the books, you dont have with metadata and titel - while clicking on the "next" button.
when you are ready click the "ok" button,
now mark all your books and click right - pointer on "send to device" - click "on send to main memory" or "send to storage card A"

when calibre is ready, ejeckt your device in the top line of calibre - "device" - there is a small arrow next to device. click that and then "eject device".

after that go to the lower right on your window7 screen and click on the small triangle, click in the new window on your ubs sign and "save remove your nc".
unpluck the nook from the usb cable

and your books should be there - give the nc some minutes to update the books and you will see them with most of the titelpix

keep reading - sorry for my typos - but english is not my first language

harry
Harry001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:30 PM   #14
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
OK, this is killing me. I just got a new laptop with Windows 7. I installed Calibre and plugged in my NC. Windows 7 does not recognize it. What I get in Device Manager is the dreaded exclamation point. Can anyone help?
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:36 PM   #15
mariel9898
Connoisseur
mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Color, Droid 2 Global
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel47 View Post
OK, this is killing me. I just got a new laptop with Windows 7. I installed Calibre and plugged in my NC. Windows 7 does not recognize it. What I get in Device Manager is the dreaded exclamation point. Can anyone help?
The NC has to be on. Not asleep, but fully on. Hope that helps as it helped me.
mariel9898 is offline   Reply With Quote