Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-21-2016, 02:01 PM   #46
Polarpenguin
Groupie
Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS- T3S, Kobo aura H2O Kobo aura One Kobo libra
Also offering discount on a new ereader, bit annoying as I've just bought the Kobo Aura ONE

Quote:
Get £20 OFF
a new eReader
As a special thank-you for joining Kobo, please enjoy this exclusive offer for Sainsbury’s Entertainment customers. We will be emailing you your unique voucher code for £20.00 OFF Kobo Aura or Kobo Aura ONE shortly after you sign up.
Polarpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 05:22 AM   #47
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
If you've just bought the Aura One aren't you allowed to return it "for any reason" according to the distance selling regulations?

The £10 credit is pretty nice, and the £20 voucher for an Aura One is awfully tempting assuming they work out all the Aura One kinks...
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2016, 11:49 AM   #48
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook TL3, TL4, TL5
For all those who haven't had an email from Sainbury's about the closure of their site and migration to Kobo here's a link to a page on their FAQ: https://sainsburysentertainment.zend...elated-emails-.

I've just emailed them and am awaiting a reply.
MickiTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 01:45 PM   #49
Polarpenguin
Groupie
Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
If you've just bought the Aura One aren't you allowed to return it "for any reason" according to the distance selling regulations?

The £10 credit is pretty nice, and the £20 voucher for an Aura One is awfully tempting assuming they work out all the Aura One kinks...
Bought mine from Argos so no can't return under DSR. Even if I had bought from Kobo I wouldn't as I'm perfectly happy with mine. £20 isn't worth returning it, probably cost that in return postage any way.
Old 10-25-2016, 12:54 PM   #50
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well I've carefully checked my inbox and my junk folder today... and no emails from Sainsbury's at all.
Advert
Old 10-25-2016, 03:37 PM   #51
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Nothing here either.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:01 PM   #52
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I had a reply to my email to them saying I would receive an email today. Nothing yet, but there's still three hours till tomorrow.
Old 10-26-2016, 04:15 AM   #53
chrisridd
Guru

I raised a support ticket with Sainsbury's and just had their reply:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Sainsbury's Entertainment.

I am sorry to hear you have not received any email as of yet, regarding the transfer process from Sainsbury's Entertainment over to kobo. What we are doing is sending these emails out in batches. This will happen over the next week.

I would advise to check your emails within the next week and you will receive this transfer email. If you have any further issues regarding this process please get in touch.
So sit tight...
Old 10-26-2016, 04:02 PM   #54
Polarpenguin
Groupie

Date's changed, now 11th November

Quote:
As of 1st October 2016 you will no longer be able to buy any eBooks from us although you will be able to continue reading eBooks on our apps until 30th November 2016. On 1st December 2016 the site will close and our reading apps will no longer be supported.

You will have the opportunity to transfer your eBook library to Kobo, a leading global eBook provider, who will support your eBook library in accordance with their terms and conditions. If you don't already have a Kobo account you will need to set one up. We will email you by 11th November 2016 explaining how this will work and what you will need to do.

In the meantime, should you want to familiarise yourself with Kobo and the benefits they will provide the Sainsbury's Entertainment on Demand customer please refer to this page.

We will not be issuing any refunds for eBook purchases.

Last edited by Polarpenguin; 10-26-2016 at 04:21 PM.
Old 10-26-2016, 04:23 PM   #55
MickiTee
Guru

Interesting. I wonder how many emails they've received from people who haven't had anything from them.
Old 10-26-2016, 04:30 PM   #56
chrisridd
Guru

I just an email from them apologising that it had "taken slightly longer than we had hoped", and giving the new date.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:10 PM   #57
Polarpenguin
Groupie

Am not surprised it's taking slightly longer, than anticipated. They seemed to be doing a lot more to compensate their customers, that have been affected by the closure decision, than previous stores.

It's also not just ebook customers, but the other media they offered too.

Just noticed this in the FAQ

Quote:
What if I have content that Kobo does not offer – can I get a refund?
No – Kobo will credit your account with the value of the missing content for you to spend on their service. Kobo will be able to provide more information on this on their website.

Was this article helpful?
Don't think credit for books not transferred has been offered before, has it?
Old 10-27-2016, 03:17 AM   #58
chrisridd
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpenguin View Post
That does seem unusual. Perhaps it is because Sainsbury's are selling them the Nook customers they purchased - was it only last year?
Old 10-27-2016, 08:36 AM   #59
MickiTee
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
I just an email from them apologising that it had "taken slightly longer than we had hoped", and giving the new date.
I received it this morning. I wonder if I would have received it if I hadn't contacted them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpenguin View Post
I had a credit from Sainsbury's for a book that couldn't be transfered from my Nook account. At least this way you can purchase the book again if you want.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:43 AM   #60
chrisridd
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickiTee View Post
I received it this morning. I wonder if I would have received it if I hadn't contacted them?
You're in the troublemakers list as well, eh?