Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-01-2013, 05:51 AM   #1
czesuaf
czesuaf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle Paperwhite

I have a question.
How do you prevent auto updates on the Kindle Paperwhite?
czesuaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:21 AM   #2
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by czesuaf View Post
I have a question.
How do you prevent auto updates on the Kindle Paperwhite?
... use dsmid's BackDoorLock hack... (requires jailbreak)

... or, of course: always keep your Kindle in Airplane mode.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2013, 06:25 AM   #3
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
If you're talking PW1, then have a look in the developers sub-forum for Backdoor Lock. Obviously you need to install the JB and stuff beforehand but everything you need will be in there

If you're talking PW2 then there's no goodies for it yet as it's just come out and the devs need time to go have a good dig through the new FW and see what they can do with it..

Edit: note to self: stop attempting to reply to posts when the cat is trying to" help" me - by the time I've managed to type a coherent answer, I'm way too late

Last edited by Yolina; 10-01-2013 at 06:27 AM.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:02 AM   #4
czesuaf
czesuaf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thank you for the help. The backdoor lock seems to be working just fine.
czesuaf is offline   Reply With Quote