Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-11-2008, 04:20 PM   #1
TommyCooper
Enthusiast
TommyCooper will become famous soon enoughTommyCooper will become famous soon enoughTommyCooper will become famous soon enoughTommyCooper will become famous soon enoughTommyCooper will become famous soon enoughTommyCooper will become famous soon enough

Device: Rocket Reader, CyBook, Asus EEE PC
Hello from the UK

Hello everyone - I just want to say how much I like this forum and extend my thanks to all the posters who have given so much information to a certified lurker. I'm from the UK and have been reading on e-book devices since the Rocket e-book reader, which I imported from the US at great expense when it first came out and which I still use , as well as a first-generation CyBook. I know you're all going to hate me for saying this, but my perfect e-book hardware must have a backlit display - which is why I have just posted my initial impressions of the EEE PC which I bought specifically as an e-book reader.

best wishes - Tommy

Last edited by TommyCooper; 03-11-2008 at 04:45 PM. Reason: error
TommyCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 05:46 PM   #2
Richard Herley
Author
Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Hullo, Tommy! Do you by any chance wear a fez?

No, don't answer that -- I expect you got fed up with such questions many years ago.
Richard Herley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2008, 10:14 PM   #3
TommyCooper
Enthusiast
TommyCooper will become famous soon enoughTommyCooper will become famous soon enoughTommyCooper will become famous soon enoughTommyCooper will become famous soon enoughTommyCooper will become famous soon enoughTommyCooper will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Herley View Post
Hullo, Tommy! Do you by any chance wear a fez?

No, don't answer that -- I expect you got fed up with such questions many years ago.
Richard - Strangely, I have never been asked that question in my life although my name actually is Thomas Cooper [and I do love dear old departed Tommy ]. However, Thomas is my middle name - my first name being David. My Dad's name really is Thomas Cooper [ but not the fez wearer ]. At School my nickname was always 'Henry' [ from boxer Henry Cooper ] - or 'hey you' . However a fez avatar would be a good idea - 'just like that' .

Tommy
Old 03-12-2008, 12:32 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi TommyCooper and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:07 PM   #5
Richard Herley
Author
Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Tommy, this is a characteristic pic of the great man, but it's in b&w and probably copyright as well.

Anyway, welcome!
Richard Herley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2008, 06:16 PM   #6
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Ummmm .... please elucidate for those of us who recognize neither the name or the picture?

I came here to tell TommyCooper that I drive his namesake car. Cooper comma MINI. Vroom, vroom......
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 06:17 PM   #7
TommyCooper
Enthusiast

Richard and cassidym, many thanks for the welcome and for the picture Richard. I'll be sure to check out your website and books. My avatar doesn't really look like TC wearing a fez, but it's the best I could do.

badgoodDEB - Tommy Cooper was a very famous and funny British comedian [Welsh actually - Sir Anthony Hopkins recently unveiled a bronze statue memorial of him] who died some years ago. His trademark was a fez which he wore while performing hopelessy inept magic tricks - which were part of his comedy routine. Interestingly enough, my first car was a Mini which I bought second-hand in 1971 - grief, I am old.

Last edited by TommyCooper; 03-12-2008 at 06:55 PM. Reason: addition