Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-09-2013, 05:32 PM   #301
jbsavitz
Connoisseur
jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Onyx Boox M92 and i62HD
Hi Booxtor,

I've tried the latest firmware updates and at least the 12.12.12 patch. The new .pdf reader works quite nice, love the auto crop feature. The highlighting is still hard to control placement of beginning and ending points and it would be productive to be able to adjust the beginning and ending points after they have been set.

The .epub format on the new .pdf reader is not as good as the old .pdf reader. The body font size does not appear to adjust and just stays small. This is especially true with the Wall Street Journal publication. If you could, I would recommend bringing over the .epub functionality from the old .pdf reader into the new .pdf reader.
jbsavitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #302
jbsavitz
Connoisseur
jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
UPD. 2013.01.02

Here is the PDF Reader with new Page Setting functionality
We have abandoned Two Point Margins tool and added two new visual margins setting tools instead:
Universal Manual Settings - to setup all pages of a PDF document
Odd / Even Manual Settings - to setup odd and even pages differently.
I hope you will like it.
I was able to finally get the latest patch to install. I really like the new .pdf reader, but would like to see the following improvements:

Highlighting

Be able to adjust/preposition the beginning and ending points of the highlighting. It's challenging to get this to position exactly. What would be helpful would be to have "handles" at the beginning and ending point of the highlighting that you could grab and reposition just like the ones in the manual margins setting. This could be done at the time the highlighting is added and/or when it is edited prior to going to editing the text behind the highlighting.

Manual Margins

I like the way this feature works, however I'm experiencing problems with the on screen menu coming up when I'm attempting to grab one of the "handles" to adjust the margin on screen. Is there anyway to deactivate the appearance of the on screen menu until after the margins are saved?

epub ebooks

I'm having trouble adjusting the font sizes in the .epub e-books. It appears that changing the size does nothing. Also, there's no way to change the font in the .epub e-book, which should be permitted. And finally the margins should be auto cropable and manually adjustable just like in the .pdf e-books.
Advert
Old 04-16-2013, 07:33 AM   #303
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsavitz View Post
epub ebooks

I'm having trouble adjusting the font sizes in the .epub e-books. It appears that changing the size does nothing. Also, there's no way to change the font in the .epub e-book, which should be permitted. And finally the margins should be auto cropable and manually adjustable just like in the .pdf e-books.
If you use the PDFReader for EPUB, you can't change the font. Some files lock the font, I'm not sure, but I think that FBReader can't change the font in this case.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:42 PM   #304
jbsavitz
Connoisseur

The dictionary function contained within the new .pdf reader does not allow individual words to be selected for the dictionary in non-English texts. Either only one letter gets selected or a random selection of continuous letters which do not form a word. Was able to validate proper operation of non-English dictionary in standalone dictionary application.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:49 AM   #305
robert_22
robert_22 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi i have seen videos of a ereaders but i didnt find about onyx boox Onyx Boox i62HD. So im questioning here. Can the onyx i62HD highlight text quickly ?
robert_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2013, 12:55 PM   #306
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_22 View Post
Hi i have seen videos of a ereaders but i didnt find about onyx boox Onyx Boox i62HD. So im questioning here. Can the onyx i62HD highlight text quickly ?
Yes, in the "Annotation"-mode it's possible.
Да, в режиме "Аннотации" это возможно.
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:55 PM   #307
Dalirose
Dalirose began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx i62HD Firefly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolo View Post
I have 20 fonts and no problem
Perhaps the maximum is 24 or 25 or so that
Hi! I have a question: is it possible to delete some fonts that are pre-installated by default? If yes, in which way?
Thanks!
Dalirose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:57 PM   #308
Mhaly
Mhaly began at the beginning.

Device: i62 HD Firefly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalirose View Post
Hi! I have a question: is it possible to delete some fonts that are pre-installated by default? If yes, in which way?
Thanks!
OTFM would be my guess.
Mhaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:09 PM   #309
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhaly View Post
OTFM would be my guess.
Yes. You can delete them with OTFM
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:25 AM   #310
Dalirose
Dalirose began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx i62HD Firefly
Thanks Mhaly and Manolo!
I'll try to install and use OTFM, hoping well... I fear the risk to brick my Firefly, 'cause it's new, but on the other side I'd like to personalize it more!
Dalirose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:59 AM   #311
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Updated firmware!
See first post
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:18 PM   #312
jbsavitz
Connoisseur

27 April 2013 firmware update

Booxtor,

Thank you for the update. How come the manual setting of margins was removed? The one where you have the "handles" to drag to set the margins in the new .pdf reader. While it appeared to work, the only issue I encountered was accidentally activating the context menu in full screen mode.

Please advise as to when we may see the next update.

Thank you for your reply.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:38 PM   #313
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsavitz View Post
Booxtor,

Thank you for the update. How come the manual setting of margins was removed? The one where you have the "handles" to drag to set the margins in the new .pdf reader. While it appeared to work, the only issue I encountered was accidentally activating the context menu in full screen mode.

Please advise as to when we may see the next update.

Thank you for your reply.
Hi,
this feature is currently only available in my patched New PDF (or in Multi Tasking batch).
Please consider current update as rather a minor update. Big update is coming.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:15 PM   #314
Ayla7
Connoisseur
Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD
Thanks for the update! I really like the new behaviour of the dictionaries, (specially that now I can change the page without closing it firts).

Great job! I'm looking forward the new, more complete update
Ayla7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:22 PM   #315
readandread
Zealot
readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen) v5.14.2
So when is the big update coming?
readandread is offline   Reply With Quote