Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-30-2007, 11:45 AM   #1
picker
picker began at the beginning.

Device: none
html -> sony with hyperlinks

I'm trying to prepare collection of 28,563 images http://rob.com/airports/apts.html for either the new sony or bookeen reader but as a html guy I'm confused to the file format required for readers.

It looks like the sony requires a "lrf" file but using libprs500 seems to strip all the hyperlinks.

I don't mind writting code in "lrf" directly (to make TOC like hyperlinks) if someone could point me to a file format definition.

What's the recommended way to eRead hyperlinks?
picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 03:42 PM   #2
angelyne
Connoisseur
angelyne is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Try running html2lrf (that's the actual conversion tool that Libprs500 uses) using a command line. It gives you more options to control links. However if you use the command line, your links should work by default.

I also found that the conversion stripped links when I used it via the gui. Not sure why.
angelyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2007, 03:51 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Run html2lrf --verbose to see why the links are being skipped.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote