Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-16-2016, 07:44 PM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
OneClickdigital & Zinio Library Apps Merging

Attention users of the OneClickdigital and Zinio library apps. On Dec 5th, these two apps will merge into one single app -- RBdigital -- for access to audiobooks, ebooks, and magazines.

Quote:
Dear OneClickdigital Administrators,

On December 5, 2016, we will be changing the name of OneClickdigital to RBdigital and launching a newly enhanced RBdigital mobile app. The changes to the mobile app and to OneClickdigital/RBdigital web access are listed below.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Mobile App

* The new RBdigital app will combine our OneClickdigital eBook/audiobook app with our Zinio for Libraries magazine app, so access to audiobooks, magazines, and eBooks will all be in one app.

* The RBdigital app for patrons will feature improved navigation and native search.

* To ensure a seamless transition, patrons will be notified directly through their current OneClickdigital app to upgrade to the new RBdigital app.

Web Access

* OneClickdigital (soon to be RBdigital) will keep all the previous functionality but will feature improved navigation and a more modern design.

* There will be no change to your MARC records for this update and your existing OneClickdigital URL will continue to function normally after the change.

Please note that if your library currently subscribes to Zinio for Libraries, patrons will be able to access all three formats (audiobooks, magazines, and eBooks) in the RBdigital app. Access to magazines through the website will remain independent of OneClickdigital/RBdigital until later in 2017.

To ensure a seamless transition, we will provide logos, patron-facing marketing materials, and communication templates before the end of November.

Thank you for your ongoing partnership and support.

Your RBdigital Team

Quote:
Dear Zinio for Libraries Administrators,

On December 5, 2016, we will be changing the name of Zinio for Libraries to RBdigital and launching a newly enhanced RBdigital mobile app. The changes to the mobile app and to Zinio for Libraries web access are listed below.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Mobile App

* The new RBdigital app will combine our Zinio for Libraries magazine app with our OneClickdigital eBook/audiobook app, so access to audiobooks, magazines, and eBooks will all be in one app.

* The new RBdigital app for patrons will feature a newly improved navigation and native search.

* Access to the Zinio for Libraries app will end on February 1, 2017, and access to magazines will only be available on the RBdigital app.

* Patrons will be notified directly through their current Zinio for Libraries app to download the new RBdigital app.

Web Access

* Zinio for Libraries (soon to be RBdigital) will keep all of the previous functionality.

* RBdigital Gateway will remain the place to access magazines and other digital services on the web until mid-2017.

* There will be no change to your MARC records for this update.

Please note that if your library also subscribes to OneClickdigital, patrons will be able to access all three formats (audiobooks, magazines, and eBooks) in the RBdigital app. Access to audiobooks and eBooks through the website will remain independent of RBdigital Magazines until later in 2017.

To ensure a seamless transition, we will provide logos, patron-facing marketing materials, and communication templates before the end of November.

Thank you for your ongoing partnership and support.

Your RBdigital Team
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 02:15 PM   #2
tdonline
Addict
tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Nook Simple Touch
The new app can only be an improvement. I hope so, I've tried Zinio on my Android phone and gave up. I received an old iPad yesterday and loaded Zinio and the reading options still seem woefully limited. All I have been able to figure out is how to change the text size.

Compare this to reading Overdrive magazines in the Nook app where I can change text size, margins, line spacing and background color.
tdonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 03:23 PM   #3
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I don't use Zinio for libraries, the magazines appear in my regular Zinio app. The Zinio for libraries app was terrible. I wonder if the magazines will still show up in my regular Zinio. If they don't I wonder if all the magazines I currently have will be able to be accessed in the new app.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 03:46 PM   #4
harriska2
Addict
harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, iPad Pro
Hmm, the Zinio app on my ipad is a bit cumbersome but I had some regular magazines I would get and flip through. Worked well for me once I figured out how to sign up. Looked great on a 12.9 screen!
harriska2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 06:45 PM   #5
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & Simple & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Kobo Clara
I like Zinio for Libraries if only because I don't get tempted to spend a fortune on hundreds of mags every month.
banjomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 11:34 PM   #6
tdonline
Addict
tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

After praising the Nook app for reading magazines and newspapers, I now can no longer adjust the font size on my iPad. Oh well.
Old 11-27-2016, 08:32 AM   #7
cgsmom
Addict
cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook GL4+, Nook GL4e, Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4, iPhone 14
I was upset with the Nook for iPad app for magazines too. However, they just put out on update to the app and fixed the text size problem.
cgsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 04:39 PM   #8
tdonline
Addict

Cgsmom, thank you for the alert! I've been traveling and hadn't checked. My irritation was compounded by a long international flight where I couldn't read the nook magazines. It was doubly compounded by B&N's response (which was to not actually address the actual problem--twice). I sent a brief but scathing email and was finally informed it was a known issue and would be remedied in an update.

I know I know, first world problems...
Old 11-30-2016, 01:30 PM   #9
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
I'm with Purple Lady. I log in to my local library's web site to browse through their Zinio magazine offerings and just click on the ones I want. They get delivered to the standard Zinio app I have installed on my HD+. I've never used the library version of Zinio.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 02:14 AM   #10
tdonline
Addict

For those using the standard Zinio app, how do you adjust the background color? I downloaded the app and so far, like the Zinio for Library app, I can only adjust the font size. I can adjust background color the iPad overall but I would like to adjust the color in the Zinio app itself.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:11 AM   #11
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
I only read magazines in the Zinio app and the magazine takes up the whole screen. So, there is no background color to adjust.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote