Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-30-2014, 08:15 AM   #1
veriteg
veriteg began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M96
Onyx M96 "no update package available"

Hello guys,
so I got my new M96 and after reading the forum, I thought I found the solution to my touch screen problem, UPGRADE, so I try to used the cloud option to upgrade (currently I have in the device 2014-07-08_17-20_1.6.0_da60dde), it starts searching but later the answer is "no update package available", no problem I download the file and do it manually..same result.
Does anybody has any idea of how I can resolve the issue?
Thanks in adavance for any help!
veriteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:19 AM   #2
japinder
jp
japinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Onyx Boox Note Air, Remarkable 1, Kindle Oasis 2
Try to do a factory reset & data wipe and try again.

Jp
japinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:45 AM   #3
veriteg

Thanks for your answer. I have erased all and did factory default several times, still the new software is not recognized or the stylus comes back.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:25 AM   #4
japinder
jp
japinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Quote:
Originally Posted by veriteg View Post
Thanks for your answer. I have erased all and did factory default several times, still the new software is not recognized or the stylus comes back.
Since you have the software version from 8th Jul, even the one available in the 1st post/OP of the thread from 21st Jul is 'new' for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
M96
Update date 2014-07-21 (version 1.6.0)
http://ereader-store.de/DATA/M96/update.zip
If you need an even newer update, you can get the one from 8th Aug from post # 44 of the thread 'Need your help. Translation of Onyx UI to other languages' (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=44), where Booxtor has posted the link to flash tool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
I will provide a newer update and flash tool (for case like yours) next week.
You can also try to use available flash tool: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...17d0a_user.zip
Download the flash tool zip & extract the 'update.zip' file from it, which is the update from 8th Aug.

You may want to check out the M96 wiki, link in my signature.

Last edited by japinder; 09-03-2014 at 02:18 PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:19 PM   #5
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
I have tried all those things you suggest with my new M96Universe from Amazon.
The normal Update from Local Storage or from the Cloud finds no update, even with Factory Reset.
The Recovery method tries to install update.zip, but fails: with the august version (extracted from the link above) and the sept versions I get an error, and the installation fails with:
package matching
assert fails...

Is there a localized update for Amazon-sold versions or something? Why can't I update the software?

Last edited by EldRick; 09-06-2014 at 12:53 AM.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 03:11 AM   #6
japinder
jp

If your copy is from Amazon, then it would actually come from one of the others suppliers, (probably the Artatech version sold by onyx-boox.com) depending on which, it would be configured to look for updates from their server, if at all. :-(

The discussion about updates in these forums is mostly about the devices sourced from Booxtor (ereader-store.de). Booxtor does release regular updates. The recent releases I know about: Jul 21, Aug 8, Aug 21, Sept 2.

Not sure how often your supplier releases updates.

If you want updates, are willing to mess around with the device, and prepared to lose warranty, you may 'convert' your device to Booxtor edition.

The steps are available in one of the threads.

Last edited by japinder; 09-06-2014 at 03:34 AM.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:54 AM   #7
veriteg

Thanks for all the help, the problem was the crappy polish firmware, after flashing it, all is ok.As I bought it not new in a online auction, warranty is not an issue!