Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #1
chigowolfs
chigowolfs began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi
old kobo wifi

Well, i have an older kobo WIFI,
Last night i used the kobo desktop ( which started all my problems) It "attempted" to update to firmware 1.9.11 . It went through the updated, restarted and froze. Seems like the Kobo WIFI did not like this at all.
Everytime i attempted to reboot it it would give me the screen "updating software" and boot into kobo all books were gone. I was like ok, I threw a couple more on with Calibre,ok they are there per windows and calibre , I ejected the usb, restarted the kobo, again stating "updating software" and went into kobo, again NO BOOKS.

well, with attempting to roll back to firmware 1.9 ( which worked) the kobo is now bricked. YES BRICKED, it will only load 5 squares on the bottom and just sit there. I can force a boot into the USB by holding the Menu and restarting.
Seems like I need a full firmware and not an update. Would anyone know where I could locate the full firmware for a kobo wifi. at this time I do not care of what version it is as long as i can get it back to actually booting and holding books.

THanks
chigowolfs is offline   Reply With Quote