Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 10-09-2018, 12:23 AM   #1
Iceyogurt
Iceyogurt began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
How to split multi HTML files at multi locations?

I've noticed calibre is capable to split HTML file at multi locations. But it only works for the only one HTML file you opened.

What if I insert multi split markers in multi HTML files, and try to split these HTML files at one time?

BTW, the font I added in calibre edit was not put into OEBP/Fonts folder like what Sigil does. Is it possible to move file into another folder in epub container using calibre edit?
Iceyogurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 03:55 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can simply rename files to move them into folders (right click - rename). And no you can only split one html file at a time.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2018, 04:09 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceyogurt View Post
I've noticed calibre is capable to split HTML file at multi locations. But it only works for the only one HTML file you opened.

What if I insert multi split markers in multi HTML files, and try to split these HTML files at one time?
FWIW : I sometimes merge HTML files, then split the merged file as required.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 04:20 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I could have sworn I successfully used the Split at multiple locations Xpath and had it apply to the whole book
(I may be making corrections when I get around to reading some off these 'cleaned up' books )
BTW these were AZW3, so I could not use my normal Sigil Split Marker method
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 09:19 AM   #5
Iceyogurt
Iceyogurt began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You can simply rename files to move them into folders (right click - rename). And no you can only split one html file at a time.
Oh, renaming as moving! That's a very useful tip. I noticed the path of file is relative to the root of epub container when I rename a file, but it never occurred to me this could be used to move a file to another location.

Is there any reason that splitting multi text files not implemented?

Thx for your help.
Iceyogurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2018, 11:12 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceyogurt View Post

Is there any reason that splitting multi text files not implemented?

Thx for your help.
not something I care enough to implement, since if I need to do it, I simply use an epub to wpub conversion, which allows you to specify splits using xpath.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote