Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 08-30-2017, 04:43 PM   #46
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Playster seems to have raised the price. The banner says 9.99, but when you go to sign up, it says 14.95. I know they were going to, but they should update the page.

I sent them a note.

Last edited by booklover6; 08-30-2017 at 04:52 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 05:30 PM   #47
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Playster seems to have raised the price. The banner says 9.99, but when you go to sign up, it says 14.95. I know they were going to, but they should update the page.

I sent them a note.
After all this time and they still haven't updated their pages?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2017, 05:52 PM   #48
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
After all this time and they still haven't updated their pages?
Nope. Ridiculous!
Old 08-30-2017, 07:49 PM   #49
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Their reply:

Quote:
Anne,

Thank you for contacting Playster.

The combined Books membership you are seeing that's a special we had going on before.

Unfortunately it has come to an end , our book membership are now Ebooks only $9.95 US a month and Audiobooks only $14.95US a month.

If you need further assistance please don't hesitate to contact us
Once again I sincerely apologize.
Pffft.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:02 PM   #50
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Their reply:

Pffft.
Then they should change the prices, it's not rocket science
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2017, 12:02 PM   #51
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I decided to cancel Playster before I'm billed for another month, and I was offered another 90 days of unlimited access (instead of just audiobooks) for 99 cents, so I took it.

I still have a handful of books on my list that I can't borrow elsewhere, so for 99 cents, why not?

I don't know if Playster makes this offer after the free trial period, but if you have a free trial, it might be worth starting the cancellation process to see.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 04:23 PM   #52
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I decided to cancel Playster before I'm billed for another month, and I was offered another 90 days of unlimited access (instead of just audiobooks) for 99 cents, so I took it.

I still have a handful of books on my list that I can't borrow elsewhere, so for 99 cents, why not?

I don't know if Playster makes this offer after the free trial period, but if you have a free trial, it might be worth starting the cancellation process to see.
Turns out that the 90-day offer for 99 cents doesn't include audiobooks! Supposedly this is in the fine print somewhere--silly me, I thought unlimited access to everything meant exactly that. I'm angry and annoyed, and insisted on getting my damn 99 cents back--which refund is supposedly now in process.

I rescind any recommendation of Playster. What with the lousy app and now this, it's not worth the hassle.
Old 09-09-2017, 07:58 AM   #53
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

I read on a tech site that playster is cancelling accounts of audiobook subscribers if they listen a lot. So, they want people to pay but not use it. Unlimited = limited.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:59 AM   #54
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I read on a tech site that playster is cancelling accounts of audiobook subscribers if they listen a lot. So, they want people to pay but not use it. Unlimited = limited.

This site?

Those reviews show that there are at least a couple of others who believed, like me, that the 90-day offer included audiobooks. I can't be a hundred percent sure that I didn't misread the offer, but I don't think so--I think I'm probably one of those high-use folks who would have been dumped from audiobooks anyway.

It would make more sense for them to limit the number of audiobooks--if they said 10 a month, for example, that would still be a bargain. They also don't seem to understand that initial use patterns don't necessarily translate to long-term use patterns. Of course at the beginning people are likely to go overboard.

Oh well. Back to the library.
Old 09-11-2017, 12:00 PM   #55
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
This site?
No, it was a different site, but the article may have been based on those reviews. What a crappy company!
Old 09-21-2018, 10:23 AM   #56
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Anyone still using this? I got an ad for it yesterday and thought, oh, is this still around?
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote