Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-12-2015, 08:06 PM   #31
gokk
gokk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo wifi n647b
And does anyone know if cloning an image automatically sets up the required partitions on a new sd card? I assume it does, but just to save me another fruitless hour...
gokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 08:09 PM   #32
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Yes the restoring of the image will create all required partitions. If your card is larger than the original you can optionally resize the partition where your books get stored.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2015, 02:54 AM   #33
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
gokk: PM sent. And have a look at Memory Upgrade Mod Guide for instructions. It is for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools are the same.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 05:06 PM   #34
gillitron
gillitron began at the beginning.

Device: n647b
Hello,

I also have a n647b kobo that is bricked, I was hoping to get the disk image to try to reset it?
Thank you!
gillitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:11 PM   #35
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Advert
Old 10-02-2015, 01:26 PM   #36
fiferover
fiferover began at the beginning.

Device: N647B
have kobo N647B can someone send image and instructions please
fiferover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 07:45 PM   #37
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent. And there is a link to instructions three or four posts up.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:59 AM   #38
m4malious
m4malious began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO N647B
Hi
Yet another request to davidfor for the the N647B image file.
Thanks
m4malious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 02:10 AM   #39
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:08 PM   #40
Ingobj
Ingobj began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Hello,
My Mini this with the frozen screen, I have done everything turned off, reset, someone has a suggestion? I thought I'd put a image, someone could send me?
Thank you
Ingobj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 07:34 PM   #41
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingobj View Post
My Mini this with the frozen screen, I have done everything turned off, reset, someone has a suggestion? I thought I'd put a image, someone could send me?
PM sent, but have you done a factory reset? For the Mini this is done by:

- Charge the device for at least an hour.
- Hold the power switch in the off position for 20 seconds.
- Turn on the device and hold the power switch in the on position.
- Tap both bottom corners of the screen. Keep tapping until something happens.
- Release the power switch.

You have to get the timing right, so you might need to try a few times.
Old 04-11-2016, 05:17 PM   #42
Ingobj
Ingobj began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Hello David For,
I had not done the reset manufactures, followed his orientations further not had results.
I'm sorry I got your link, the more it took to download and was unavailable if you can forward again I would greatly appreciate it.
Ingobj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 07:44 PM   #43
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingobj View Post
I had not done the reset manufactures, followed his orientations further not had results.
I'm sorry I got your link, the more it took to download and was unavailable if you can forward again I would greatly appreciate it.
It's a pity the factory reset didn't work. But, I'm not sure what you mean about the download. The image is still at the link I sent you and I have just downloaded it to check. But, I have resent the PM with the link just in case there was something wrong in the earlier PM.
Old 08-09-2016, 03:16 PM   #44
tragichero36
tragichero36 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kindle
Davidfor, this is a long shot, but worth trying. If you can, could you please send me an image file of a working Kobo wifi SD Card? Thank you.
tragichero36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:40 PM   #45
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@tragichero36: As you posted in a thread with "N647B" in the title, I have sent you the link to the N647B WiFi image. But, there are two other variations of the WiFi and you should make sure you this is the right one before using it.