Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 05-12-2018, 07:38 PM   #1
pnpires
pnpires began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
OTA nightly and nickel questions

1. Is there a way to do nightly OTA updates, instead of stables or betas?

2. Can I do regular nickel updates (via OTA) and preserve everything in KSM and Koreader, or do I have to take some precaution when Kobo releases an update for nickel?
pnpires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 03:50 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
1. Actually the problem is that there's currently no way to do OTA updates to betas.

2. If you use third-party software (such as KOReader), I would recommend disabling automatic updates in Nickel lest an update breaks something.

Last edited by Frenzie; 05-13-2018 at 03:53 AM.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2018, 08:45 AM   #3
pnpires
pnpires began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Ok, I have the latest dev build that came from OTA. But I was wondering what would be the benefit of replacing it with the latest nightly. I don't mind to use nightlies, especially having nickel as a stable option to use if something strange arises. But in order to optimize things I was wondering if some kind of automation exist.

I have koreader with KSM. Nikel doesn't update so frequently (who am I to have an opinion on this?) so next one I'll came to the forum to read before updating.

Thanks and regards
pnpires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 10:45 AM   #4
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Ok, I have the latest dev build that came from OTA. But I was wondering what would be the benefit of replacing it with the latest nightly.
That's the same thing.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote