Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-01-2016, 10:41 AM   #1
zivilyn
Enthusiast
zivilyn began at the beginning.

Device: Touch, PW2, PW3
KPW3-32g version jailbreak failed

I downloaded 5.7.4 fireware of KPW3 and copied it into the kpw3. But after updating, it stuck in the reboot screen (the big tree). Then I can't reboot it and can not find the device when I link it to my computer.
zivilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 11:46 AM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
First 6 of the serial number please.
And plug it into a wall charger for the next 72 hours.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2016, 06:57 PM   #3
zivilyn
Enthusiast

I can't enter the system and didn't register it on amazon. So I can't find the serial numer...
Old 11-01-2016, 06:59 PM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
No worries.
We have determined the software jailbreak doesn't work. Please charge it and then you will need to do the serial port jailbreak.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 07:24 PM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by zivilyn View Post
I can't enter the system and didn't register it on amazon. So I can't find the serial numer...
How did you get past Step #1 without the serial number?

The serial number is also on the white label of the box, labeled DSN: .... .... .... ....
First six characters only.

Last edited by knc1; 11-01-2016 at 07:39 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2016, 07:38 PM   #6
zivilyn
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
How did you get past Step #1 without the serial number?
I have a 4GB version KPW and have it jailbreak, so I simply think it's just same as the old one...
Old 11-01-2016, 07:44 PM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I have a 4GB version KPW and have it jailbreak, so I simply think it's just same as the old one...
That will teach you about thinking.
The warning was on the directions when you jb your 4GB version.

To add support, we need the usual:
First six characters of the serial number (it is on the box label as "DSN:")
Wifi ? 3G ? Bluetooth?
Country of purchase, country shipped from, case color.

That model number table (the one you didn't read) lists everything that our KindleTool can package for.
Old 11-01-2016, 08:00 PM   #8
zivilyn
Enthusiast

Quote:
That will teach you about thinking.
The warning was on the directions when you jb your 4GB version.

To add support, we need the usual:
First six characters of the serial number (it is on the box label as "DSN:")
Wifi ? 3G ? Bluetooth?
Country of purchase, country shipped from, case color.

That model number table (the one you didn't read) lists everything that our KindleTool can package for.
The first six characters of the DSN is G090LK.
It's wifi version without advertisement, purchased from Amazon Japan and shipped from Japan, the color is black.
Old 11-01-2016, 08:54 PM   #9
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
The first six characters of the DSN is G090LK.
It's wifi version without advertisement, purchased from Amazon Japan and shipped from Japan, the color is black.
Thanks.
Our KindleTool maintainer is away at school but should have some time at the next school break.

And:

Spread the word around your native language forums -
We need someone with a new-in-the-box device and access to a Linux system to see if we can recover the initial factory firmware.
Have them PM me.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:03 PM   #10
knc1
Going Viral

Table updated for PW3-32 as not supported.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:52 AM   #11
zivilyn
Enthusiast

Quote:
Thanks.
Our KindleTool maintainer is away at school but should have some time at the next school break.

And:

Spread the word around your native language forums -
We need someone with a new-in-the-box device and access to a Linux system to see if we can recover the initial factory firmware.
Have them PM me.
I have post the information on a chinese kindle site and the owner of the site has updated the information in the jailbreak page.

But I think most of KPW3 32GB version users are in Japan because of the E-comic demand. Unfortunately I can't speak Japanese...

Last edited by zivilyn; 11-02-2016 at 09:19 AM.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:41 AM   #12
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I have post the information on a chinese kindle site and the owner of the site has updated the information in the jailbreak page.

But I think most of KPW3 32GB version users are in Japan because of the E-comic demand. Unfortunately I can't speak Japanese...
Still, someone may have one on order.
The devices are not being distributed in this country.

Until we find someone to work with us the only choice is to use the serial port jailbreak.
Which will not be of any use until we update KindleTool and rebuild all of the packages to work on that model.
Old 11-02-2016, 11:01 AM   #13
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
Quote:
But I think most of KPW3 32GB version users are in Japan because of the E-comic demand.
There is a 32GB KPW3??

Yup, there is:
https://www.cnet.com/news/amazon-pre...ld-your-manga/
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/...ite-for-japan/
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B01FIG3S..._i=pr-20161018

Black and White colors
Only around 15% costlier than PW3
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2016-11-02 20:43:25.png
Views:	267
Size:	241.4 KB
ID:	152761  

Last edited by nasser; 11-02-2016 at 11:15 AM. Reason: updated info
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:05 AM   #14
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
Only for japan users
encol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:25 AM   #15
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by encol View Post
Only for japan users
At the Amazon Japan link given above:
Quote:
Restricted to Japan residents only.
I guess we don't need to know how this one got to China.