Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-14-2016, 12:06 AM   #1
Mewit
Mewit began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Unable to run KUAL

Hi there,

I'm trying to make a weather-display type thing like this. I was hoping to just use kite to run the script, but I seem to have a Kindle 4 that breaks with kite. So no problem, I'll just use KUAL, right? Wrong, apparently. I follow the instructions but every time I run click on the KUAL icon it gives me the

"This device is not authorized as a test Kindle by the developer of this item. Please contact the developer."

I reinstall MKK and KUAL, but it still doesn't work.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? I'm able to ssh into the Kindle as root, so I can change files on the system if that is any help.

I guess the other solution is if there is a way I can choose to start the script up some other way - i.e. without using KUAL or kite. Is that an option somehow?

Thanks a lot,
Alex
Mewit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kite, kual, weather