Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-21-2015, 03:03 PM   #76
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Can I create a Generate Cover setting based on what is in/not in a user category?
You're talking about with generate_cover_settings? I don't think so.

At present, FanFicFare only makes its own metadata available to the generate_cover_settings. It's on my to-do list to look into the possibility of giving FanFicFare copies of the calibre columns while it's processing to possibly include in title page and else where, but it hasn't happened yet.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 03:16 PM   #77
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mieeka View Post
3) populate the ratings based on the Kudos or reviews E.G ones with 1000 > reviews get 5 stars.
Wouldn't this be somewhat possible in the icons-settings under "Look and Feel". (see attached image)

Maybe it's even better as an advanced icon rule, because maybe then you could input an interval.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Skærmbillede 2015-04-21 21.14.50.png
Views:	499
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	137504  
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2015, 09:39 AM   #78
dangelx
dangelx began at the beginning.

Device: pc/iphone/tablet
Sorry for my bad english.
I'm get a error to execute the option for configuration

The description for error:

calibre, version 2.25.0
ERROR: Excepción no considerada: <b>TypeError</b>:a float is required

calibre 2.25 [64bit] isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Extract ISBN && BIBLIOETECA && Save To Format && FictionDB && Count Pages && FanFicFare && User Category
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 154, in do_user_config
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.__init__", line 83, in config_widget
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.config", line 208, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.config", line 807, in __init__
TypeError: a float is required

desinstall and install for two times.
Tks
dangelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 11:54 AM   #79
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangelx View Post
Sorry for my bad english.
I'm get a error to execute the option for configuration
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.config", line 807, in __init__
TypeError: a float is required
I think that's an error introduced in the translated string. Which language are you using?
Old 04-22-2015, 01:52 PM   #80
AndersW
Enthusiast
AndersW began at the beginning.

I am having a few problems with cover generation.

First, when I download http://www.fimfiction.net/story/259902/ it sets the small emoticon from the summary as the cover image. I tried setting cover_exclusion_regexp:www.fimfiction-static.net/images/emoticons/.* but that didn't work. Why isn't it working, is it broken, or do I have the syntax wrong.

Second, in these stories, the cover generation is having problems.

In the first 2, the source for the cover image isn't there. http://static.fimfiction.net/images/...ages/12778.jpg
And in the second 2, the source image is an animated gif.
http://static.fimfiction.net/images/...gif?1426395147

The image on the main story page is apparently converted from the source image and stored separately. When FFF goes to the source for the cover image it screws up the gif conversion and it looks horrible, and skips the missing images entirely. Could you make a change so that when it finds a missing source for the cover image, just use the cover image from the story main page. And do the same for the animated gif's, or gif's in general if that is easier. (If there isn't already a setting to fix this that I don't know about)

Last edited by AndersW; 04-22-2015 at 02:43 PM.
AndersW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2015, 03:14 PM   #81
dangelx

I'm spanish, european spanish.

I have been using this plugin in the previous version FanFiction DownLoader for several years.
Today I upgraded to the new pluggin and, when trying to configure it, it gave me this error.

From what I know, in my language (Spanish) should only have trouble with the words would contain accent on a vowel (á, é, í, ó, ú) or words with the letter ñ.

Another issue would be the dates and numbers, which have specific formats for my language.

Last edited by dangelx; 04-22-2015 at 03:30 PM.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:00 PM   #82
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersW View Post
First, when I download http://www.fimfiction.net/story/259902/ it sets the small emoticon from the summary as the cover image. I tried setting cover_exclusion_regexp:www.fimfiction-static.net/images/emoticons/.* but that didn't work. Why isn't it working, is it broken, or do I have the syntax wrong.
Not sure where you got www.fimfiction-static.net from--static.fimfiction.net is the domain I see and works with the exclusion. To allow for either, I'll put this in the defaults.ini:
Code:
cover_exclusion_regexp:/images/emoticons/
Quote:
In the first 2, the source for the cover image isn't there. http://static.fimfiction.net/images/...ages/12778.jpg ...
Could you make a change so that when it finds a missing source for the cover image, just use the cover image from the story main page.
Using the smaller displayed image when the linked-to image isn't found is a reasonable request. In the test version.
Quote:
... And do the same for the animated gif's, or gif's in general if that is easier. (If there isn't already a setting to fix this that I don't know about)
There's the parameter no_image_processing: true that will use images as downloaded. That gets animated gifs into the epubs without change. But that doesn't help with the Calibre cover or with ebook readers.

After looking at it a fair bit, I haven't found a better solution than to detect and reject animated gif images across the board when running the plugin version. It's part of the conversion process, so you can bypass it with no_image_processing: true.

I've updated the test version to include the changes above mentioned.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:20 PM   #83
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangelx View Post
I'm spanish, european spanish.
I've posted a test version that should work for you.

We get our translations done by volunteers at Transifex. A couple of the translated strings didn't keep a % substitution target correctly.

You can change the date/times FanFicFare uses in personal.ini:
Code:
## Date formats used by FanFicFare.  Published and Update don't have time.
## See http://docs.python.org/library/datetime.html#strftime-strptime-behavior
## Note that ini format requires % to be escaped as %%.
dateCreated_format:%%Y-%%m-%%d %%H:%%M:%%S
datePublished_format:%%Y-%%m-%%d
dateUpdated_format:%%Y-%%m-%%d
And you can also change the labels for all the metadata if you like:

Code:
## All available titlepage_entries and the label used for them:
## <entryname>_label:<label>
## Labels may be customized.
title_label:Title
storyUrl_label:Story URL
description_label:Summary
author_label:Author
authorUrl_label:Author URL
(Those are shared between the plugin, web service and CLI versions of FanFicFare, which is why they aren't in the Transifex translations.)
Old 04-23-2015, 02:43 AM   #84
dangelx

Thank you very much for the quick response to my problem and the pluggin.
The version you have posted is running fine.
This add-on is very useful and manageable. You have done a very good job with it.
If ever need help with translations or processing of data in European format (Spanish, Italian, French, German, etc), please send me a message. I will help as I can, in spite of my English scary.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:34 AM   #85
AndersW
Enthusiast
AndersW began at the beginning.

Everything works now. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Not sure where you got www.fimfiction-static.net from--static.fimfiction.net is the domain I see and works with the exclusion.
That is where the emoticons used to be. No wonder it wasn't working. I thought the update broke it, but it wasn't your update that broke it.

Quote:
Using the smaller displayed image when the linked-to image isn't found is a reasonable request. In the test version.
What do you mean by "In the test version"?
AndersW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 11:37 AM   #86
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
What do you mean by "In the test version"?
I've updated the test version to include the changes above mentioned.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:17 PM   #87
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

I've posted a new test version for some feature enhancements for a change:

2015-04-23 - FanFicFare-cover.zip
  • Make 'include_images' on by default, remove config checkbox
  • Enhance/Clarify Calibre Cover update and Cover Generation
  • Add feature to use Calibre's built-in Generate cover.

I've uploaded it to the test post as FanFicFare-cover.zip

Adding a feature to call Calibre's built-in Generate cover was one of the suggestions from the survey. And hopefully the whole cover thing is more intuitive now.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:19 AM   #88
thatblondelady
Enthusiast
thatblondelady can extract oil from cheesethatblondelady can extract oil from cheesethatblondelady can extract oil from cheesethatblondelady can extract oil from cheesethatblondelady can extract oil from cheesethatblondelady can extract oil from cheesethatblondelady can extract oil from cheesethatblondelady can extract oil from cheese

Device: Calibre/iBooks/Kindle App
Quote:
Adding a feature to call Calibre's built-in Generate cover was one of the suggestions from the survey. And hopefully the whole cover thing is more intuitive now.
OMFG YES! This was my ONLY wishlist item. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!
thatblondelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 03:37 AM   #89
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
I've just installed the "new" plugin and it's working a treat. Many, many thanks to all involved in its creation and maintenance. Congratulations on a wonderful plugin.
skb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 10:15 AM   #90
abies98
abies98 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
First of all thanks for the great work and quick updates, I'm on here often updating and testing the changes you make to this plugin.

Now for my issue, I've run into a couple stories with missing pages recently. The stories are multiple chapters with 3 pages per chapter. The second page of the chapter would be missing from the output.

It's happened with a couple stories most recently with the one shown below on the first 2 chapters I've read.
http://storiesonline.net/s/56730/

I read through the post but I didn't see anyone else mentioning the same issue so I wasn't sure if it was just me.
abies98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction