Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-10-2018, 01:39 PM   #61
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Does QtWebEngine instead of QtWebkit help on Windows in any way? I have a buggy pre-alpha level PreviewWindow built with QtWebEngine on Qt5.8 that I built a while back that I could try rebuilding with the latest Qt 5.9 if it would help at all on Windows for multimedia.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 02:23 PM   #62
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I don't know, to tell the honest truth. I just remember you saying that Preview was slow as molasses ported to QtWebEngine when you were experimenting. I doubt it's gotten much better with 5.9.

I'm able to get good Windows builds of the new (github.com/annulen) QtWebKit, now, so I'm going to experiment with the nightly snapshots to see if it's gotten any better since the last release. I submitted a bugfix (through Konstantine Tokarev) upstream at WebKit to fix the local-media auto-play issue, so I'm curious to see if it alleviates any of QtWebkit (and hence, Sigil's) Windows Multimedia Foundation woes with multiple video/audio elements in one page. It's just finding the time.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 04-10-2018 at 02:29 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote