Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-21-2010, 08:41 PM   #1
kronium
kronium began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Manual Sorting ? and cloning a PRS-600

Hi, I'm studying for a Firefighter promotional exam, and would like to know if there is a way to manually arrange the order of collections. Also, if a coworker also bought a PRS-600, could I install everything from my library onto his reader? It's all pdfs and rtfs. Thanks!
kronium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:27 PM   #2
colinsky
Addict
colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Using the Sony Software on your PC, if click on a collection you should be able to drag around the books into any order you want; that order will be preserved on your device.
colinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2010, 09:33 PM   #3
ctol
Groupie
ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Fire Tablet, Windows RT Tablet Windows Phone
Yes you can if you use calibre. You can do this by numbering the collections sequentially by both tagging them by subject and then giving them a series number. By doing so, when you load the collections onto your 600 they will be in the correct order.

Loading your material onto your coworkers 600 can be highly problematical for the both of you. If they are available through public domain or creative commons it is legal to do so since they can be obtained by anyone who chooses to download them. If they are purchased or drmed it is illegal to do so. If they have any drm they can only be loaded on the device they are puchased on unless you remove it. A more legal way to do this is if you can by some manner set up a shared account by authorizing both devices on the same pc. I believe this is possible. Some one with more experience please correct me if I am wrong.
ctol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:10 AM   #4
kronium
kronium began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Thank you. It is all non-drm material.
kronium is offline   Reply With Quote