Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-05-2009, 12:21 PM   #1
lilpretender
Enthusiast
lilpretender began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Calibre won't add books

I'm trying to add books and when I add the books it either stops at 2 percent, or 4 percent. I updated it to the new calibre and thought it was that, so I used the other version, but it did the same thing. Is there another program that I can use if this one continues to do this to change html to lrf? Or can anyone tell me why it keeps on doing this and can I fix it?
lilpretender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:48 PM   #2
myle00
Connoisseur
myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Palm Treo
How long did you wait before you thought it was stuck? calibre can take hours to add books. You also need to give more info. What v. did you try it on. How many books did you try adding when it got stuck? Does it work for singular books? What books types did you add?
myle00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2009, 01:19 PM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Also useful to know what OS you are talking about and what versions of Calibre. Are you trying to add lots of books at once, or does this happen when adding a single book?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:40 PM   #4
lilpretender
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by myle00 View Post
How long did you wait before you thought it was stuck? calibre can take hours to add books. You also need to give more info. What v. did you try it on. How many books did you try adding when it got stuck? Does it work for singular books? What books types did you add?
I waited for a while. It never took this long to add books to the calibre. I think I had about 30 books to add, but not sure since it didn't add them. Even when I had 50 books to add to the calibre it never took this long. It was always fast when I added the books. I am using the newer version that came out yesterday. I thought that might be it, so I uninstalled and used the other version I had, but that was not it. It was doing the same thing and it never did that before. I am trying to add html to convert to lrf for the reader.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:42 PM   #5
lilpretender
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Also useful to know what OS you are talking about and what versions of Calibre. Are you trying to add lots of books at once, or does this happen when adding a single book?
I am using Vista, but that has never been a problem with the other version I was using. I haven't tried adding only one book because I need it to add more than one.
Advert
Old 08-05-2009, 01:58 PM   #6
myle00
Connoisseur
myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

So you're adding html files? I never did that so I don't know how that would work if the html files come with many sub-files.

Anyway, you should try restarting your computer, than try to add one file. If it doesn't work, than post. If it works, than try again to add many files and wait for a few hours, if it doesn't work than post. In order to help you, one most know where the problem is...
Old 08-05-2009, 02:23 PM   #7
lilpretender
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by myle00 View Post
So you're adding html files? I never did that so I don't know how that would work if the html files come with many sub-files.

Anyway, you should try restarting your computer, than try to add one file. If it doesn't work, than post. If it works, than try again to add many files and wait for a few hours, if it doesn't work than post. In order to help you, one most know where the problem is...
Okay, I restarted the computer and tried one file, but it still doing the same thing. I don't know why it's doing this now when it's never done this before.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:25 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Run it from a command prompt as

calibre-debug -g

and see if any messages are posted to the command prompt when this happens
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:47 PM   #9
lilpretender
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Run it from a command prompt as

calibre-debug -g

and see if any messages are posted to the command prompt when this happens
It says at first link hasn't been detected twice.
Then it says this.
Input format plugin: HTML format running.
Language not specified
Creator not specified
Building file list
Ignore File List<u'could not read file c:\\securelogin\\login.php with error.

I couldn't write more because I have to keep on going back and forth from the command prompt and back here.
I don't know why it says this because I am adding from a detachable hard drive which I've did before and had no problems before.

Last edited by lilpretender; 08-05-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:38 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As a workaround, go to Preferences->Plugins->File type plugins and disable the HTMl2ZIP plugin
Old 08-05-2009, 09:50 PM   #11
lilpretender
Enthusiast

Quote:
As a workaround, go to Preferences->Plugins->File type plugins and disable the HTMl2ZIP plugin
Okay. Did that and it works, but now I have another problem. I am now trying to convert them and it freezes and the screen turns black. When I click the mouse it takes a while for it to go back and then it says this. Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. Now it's not doing anything. Anyway I can stop that from doing this?

Last edited by lilpretender; 08-05-2009 at 10:09 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:13 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I don't think that's calibre related. Looks like your system is dying.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:14 PM   #13
myle00
Connoisseur

Check this out. I don't know if they have a solution since it's over 110 pages, but it has something to do with your video card. http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=25381
Old 08-06-2009, 12:57 AM   #14
lilpretender
Enthusiast

Quote:
I don't think that's calibre related. Looks like your system is dying.
I am now trying to do a windows update to see if that is the problem. While I am doing that I used another computer and disabled the HTMl2ZIP plugin. Now when I used another computer it still took a long time and it landed up only converting 2 out of 43. I haven't used calibre on this computer before this. It is also a new desktop. Only had it for a couple of months.