Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 09-17-2007, 04:57 PM   #1
MelancholyTea
MelancholyTea began at the beginning.

Where can I sell my eBook?

Hi all. I'm trying to figure out where I would be able to sell eBooks that I have created on my own. I have an ebook in Adobe, Microsoft, Palm, and Mobi but I don't have anywhere to sell it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
MelancholyTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:06 PM   #2
kevlors
kevlors began at the beginning.

I may be able to help

This may sound self serving, but I may be able to help. I have an ebook store that focuses on educational ebooks. If you ebook fits somewhere in that category, I would be glad to chat with you about the possibilities. You can find my site and contact info at Keybookshop.com
kevlors is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2007, 08:45 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelancholyTea View Post
Hi all. I'm trying to figure out where I would be able to sell eBooks that I have created on my own. I have an ebook in Adobe, Microsoft, Palm, and Mobi but I don't have anywhere to sell it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Don't forget to have a Sony Reader compatible version in LRF. There are a lot of Sony Reader users here.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:59 AM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
The MobiPocket web site has a special section for authors like you to be able to publish books in their format. I suggest you check it out. Fictionwise also has a section for authors on their web site. They tend to be the best source for new authors to publish in multi-formats for ebooks.

There are also companies that specialize in self published books where you pay to have it published and retain ownership of the rights.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:25 AM   #5
Aenea
Zealot
Aenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
The MobiPocket web site has a special section for authors like you to be able to publish books in their format. I suggest you check it out. Fictionwise also has a section for authors on their web site. They tend to be the best source for new authors to publish in multi-formats for ebooks.

There are also companies that specialize in self published books where you pay to have it published and retain ownership of the rights.
Hey, if anyone is interested I can make a program for you which creates Mobipocket DRM'd ebooks for every PID you want

(Sorry, just pissed! )
Aenea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2007, 12:03 PM   #6
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
What kind of book is it? The first question I would ask is "Who might want to buy it?" The answer to that question might narrow down possible sales outlets.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote