Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-16-2019, 05:52 PM   #1
xeno
xeno began at the beginning.

Device: None
Batch importing doesn't import titles correctly

I'm importing several hundred books from kindle. I have the directory on my mac where the kindle files are saved, and I've tested it on one book, using Add books > Add books from a single directory. It works as expected.

When I do Add books > Add books from directories, including sub-directories (one book per directory), Calibre finds all the books, but when they import the Title field is the nonsensical filename for the AZW files instead of the title from the metadata. All the other metadata fields import as it does when I just add one book.

I've looked at the setting under Add books called "Control the adding of books," and it looks like I can define a metadata structure. But it doesn't seem like I should have to do this as one book imports fine.

Any ideas are appreciated.
xeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 06:29 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Is Preferences->Adding Books->Reading metadata-> Read metadata from file contents rather than file name checked?

Or do you have the matching Job Spy->Library-Specific Tweak activated ?

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 07:06 PM   #3
xeno

Yes on the preferences setting.

I don't have Job Spy installed.
Old 03-16-2019, 07:44 PM   #4
xeno

Hmm, not sure what changed, but batch import is working fine now.