Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-24-2018, 05:04 PM   #1
WestCactus
Zealot
WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Oasis 1 & 3, Fire 8
Kindle Voyage 2 will be released in 2019

December 24, 2018 By Michael Kozlowski

Amazon is working on a second generation Kindle Voyage and it will be released sometime in 2019. This e-reader will feature the warm light technology that the company had been working on for the past year, producing a candlelight effect when reading in the dark. It will also have Bluetooth for wireless headphones and speakers, so users can purchase audiobooks from Audible right on the device. The price will be somewhere between the Kindle Paperwhite 4 and Kindle Oasis.

The first generation Kindle Voyage was released in 2014 and Amazon was continuing to sell a fair number of units all the way into 2018. At the time, the Voyage was the flagship e-reader, the screen was flush with the bezel and it had page turn buttons that provided haptic feedback when pressed down. The front-lit screen has an ambient light sensor that would automatically control the luminosity of the screen, depending on your environment.

I have heard from the upstream supply chain that the Voyage will be entering mass production soon and will likely be released sometime in the late spring or early summer. One of the interesting things I have been told was that the Voyage will have the same screen technology as the Paperwhite 4, which makes it will have a plastic screen, instead of a glass. This will make it thinner and lighter, making it easier to carry. There is some conjecture whether it will be waterproof or not.

The Voyage was one of the most innovative e-readers that Amazon has ever released and the second generation model makes sense for Amazon. Audiobooks are the fastest growing segment in digital publishing and Audible is the undisputed market leader. The entry level Kindle, Kindle Oasis 2 and Kindle Paperwhite 4 all have Audible functionality, and the Voyage will soon have it too.

Michael Kozlowski
Michael Kozlowski is the Editor in Chief of Good e-Reader. He has been writing about audiobooks and e-readers for the past ten years. His articles have been picked up by major and local news sources and websites such as the CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and Verge.
WestCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 06:10 PM   #2
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I have 2 Voyages (one is only a couple of months old) and not sure I would be happy with a plastic screen. It's already pretty light, even with a cover. The whispersync option is great, but wouldn't be enough for me to buy another one (given the plastic screen).
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 06:17 PM   #3
Shad Plante
Groupie
Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 6th Gen Kindle Paperwhite
Should have figured that when the ebook reader blog posted a blog wondering why Amazon doesn't have a premium 6 inch ereader in the lineup and WISHING that Amazon would add one again, that badereader would post something saying Amazon will do one.

This might be the kiss of death for a new premium 6 inch ereader.
Shad Plante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 06:32 PM   #4
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I would not quote goodereader here lol they been wrong before about a kindle getting warm light tech
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 07:05 PM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad Plante View Post
Should have figured that when the ebook reader blog posted a blog wondering why Amazon doesn't have a premium 6 inch ereader in the lineup and WISHING that Amazon would add one again, that badereader would post something saying Amazon will do one.

This might be the kiss of death for a new premium 6 inch ereader.
EXACTLY
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 07:27 PM   #6
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Aw come on guys! I vaguely remember Goodereader getting something right a few years ago. It could happen again.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 08:07 PM   #7
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
Aw come on guys! I vaguely remember Goodereader getting something right a few years ago. It could happen again.

Barry
LOL I like the site I post there daily but I do not know where they get there info at for some of their stories. I doubt there will be a new Voyage. I am not convinced. I liked the old one but unless its a 7 or 8 inch screen I do not see the purpose of a new line. Now If hey made a 7 inch or 8 voyage I bet it wall have a good battery life

Last edited by HLS; 12-24-2018 at 08:10 PM.
Old 12-24-2018, 09:58 PM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
but I do not know where they get there info at for some of their stories.
They make some of it up and get the rest from other blogs without giving them credit. Oh I'm sure they occasionally have their own legit stuff too, but given how they started out (selling access to pirated books) I choose not to ever go to their site.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 12-24-2018 at 11:59 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:04 PM   #9
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hey everyone, I decided to start a fact-checking post for Bad e-Reader.
https://the-digital-reader.com/2018/...er-fact-check/

I started it off the top of my head, and I'm sure I missed more than a few of their whoppers. If you know of one I missed, please let me know so I can add it to the list!
Old 12-25-2018, 01:56 AM   #10
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCactus View Post
December 24, 2018 By Michael Kozlowski
Dang. I was excited until I saw the source of the information. Now I can only hope.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 03:42 AM   #11
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Dang. I was excited until I saw the source of the information. Now I can only hope.
I was excited for a couple of seconds also until I saw the source. I distinctly remember the Nov 2015 Voyage 2 rumour that Nate includes in his useful list as it made sense at the time to me, being a year after the first one, and the Voyage was and still is my favourite Kindle model overall. If they ever released a 32gb Voyage I would get it. That said, I am very happy with my 32gb PW4 and I don't notice any minor inferiority in screen quality in actual reading use.
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 04:20 AM   #12
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopper View Post
I was excited for a couple of seconds also until I saw the source. I distinctly remember the Nov 2015 Voyage 2 rumour that Nate includes in his useful list as it made sense at the time to me, being a year after the first one, and the Voyage was and still is my favourite Kindle model overall. If they ever released a 32gb Voyage I would get it. That said, I am very happy with my 32gb PW4 and I don't notice any minor inferiority in screen quality in actual reading use.
there's also a mention of a September 2015 Voyage launch

Last edited by Nate the great; 12-25-2018 at 04:24 AM.
Old 12-25-2018, 04:58 AM   #13
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
I know it’s false, probably wrong, and just plain bad journalism, but I will admit it is fun getting excited about this kind of stuff, especially since there’s such a dearth of new edeader tech coming out anywhere on the horizon!!!
cerem0ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 07:02 AM   #14
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
He's correct but they're changing the name. It will be the Zombie. Killed off and rising from the dead.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 02:14 PM   #15
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerem0ny View Post
I know it’s false, probably wrong, and just plain bad journalism, but I will admit it is fun getting excited about this kind of stuff, especially since there’s such a dearth of new edeader tech coming out anywhere on the horizon!!!

I agree.

It only makes seance to make a new Voyage if they discontinued the entry level kindle. We do not need more 6 inch screens but if they made it a or 8 inch screen it will be great! It will have probably a better battery than the oasis and still be thin. Voyage would be a great pocket fit even with a larger screen