Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-17-2009, 02:15 AM   #1
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Borders Ebook library question

I was wondering if Borders has it's own ebook library, or if the link on their page is for the Sony ebook library? I clicked on the link to download it, but it seems like it's downloading the Sony software. Also, how do I find the ebooks on the Borders website?

Thanks!
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:40 AM   #2
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Hey Kelly--

I tried to access that a few months ago, and I remember reading somewhere (after numerous failed attempts to get to the books) that only people who bought the reader from Borders could access that software..? I hope I'm wrong though--I had wanted to possibly use a gift card I'd received from a student at borders for ebooks.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2009, 08:42 AM   #3
disney_mommy
Ebook fanatic
disney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Kindle Keyboard
I checked out the Borders site, too, and from what I understand, it's just the Sony Connect store under a different name. If you go to the Sony Connect store, it has the Borders name, too. I'm at work and can't access it now, so I can't tell you exactly what it says, but it's something like Sony Connect with Borders. So basically, the Borders ebook store is the Sony Connect store.
disney_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:46 PM   #4
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Ok thanks!! I already have the Sony library software anyway. I was just curious.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:47 PM   #5
GypsyWoman
Groupie
GypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony E Reader PRS-505/iTouch/Blackberry Curve-Pink
Thanks for clearing this up for us!! I was wondering what the deal was.
GypsyWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2009, 07:13 PM   #6
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
I bought my PRS505 from Borders, and it came with the Sony Connect software in the box, and a separate CD rubber banded to the outside of the box. The outside CD said to use it instead of the one inside, and I would be able to access the Borders site. Actually all it did was redirect to the Sony site.

I’m not sure, but I think Borders gets a kickback from Sony if you come in through that door. Other than that, I saw essentially no difference.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:03 AM   #7
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Many months ago, I was very excited to hear that Borders was going to setup their own website instead of continuing to use Amazon as their online retailer. Borders announced that they would be also launching a section dedicated to ebooks in partnership with Sony.

Sadly, I found out after the website was launched, that this "ebook section" just directed the consumer to Sony's connect software so that they can purchase ebooks through it. I was hoping that it was going to expand ebook content but it never materialized the way I had hoped.
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:30 AM   #8
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
A few months ago Borders was also talking about starting an ebook store in the UK, but I have not heard anything further about it. I did email them to ask, but they never replied.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote