Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 02-06-2015, 06:53 AM   #16
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
That is the reason I built my toolset, to help me fix those errors and built in some speed. Known OCR errors can be put in an S&R list for example. One of the procedures will run all the S&R in the list and depending on the setting of the rule it will do a replace all or ask first. The words still needs to be checked, but the most common ones you can catch beforehand. In the example 'clock <--> dock' each occurrence can be checked. Unless the book is about a clockmaker or boats, the number of checks are usually quite acceptable.
Since you can add your own rules to the lists, you can built your own set easily.

It will save a lot of time, if used correctly.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote