Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 01-15-2014, 10:53 PM   #1
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Change user name?

Hello. Is there a way to change username on MobileRead such that all the stuff from the old username attaches to the new username, including previous threads and posts, karma, etc, as if there were no change in username? Just poof, my username transforms into a different one.

Last edited by unboggling; 01-16-2014 at 06:18 PM.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:15 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Yes. Please send me a PM with your request and the user name you would like.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2014, 12:39 AM   #3
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Yes. Please send me a PM with your request and the user name you would like.
Thank you, dreams. Good to know. I'd better think about names for awhile first.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:23 PM   #4
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Just don't forget to broadcast it somehow, so that we will know who you are!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:39 PM   #5
unboggling
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
Just don't forget to broadcast it somehow, so that we will know who you are!
Heh. It'd be more fun, unannounced.
Advert
Old 01-16-2014, 05:55 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think it would be obvious; we just have to look back at this thread to see the name used for the initial posting (or any of the other posts in it by unboggling).
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:09 PM   #7
unboggling
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I think it would be obvious; we just have to look back at this thread to see the name used for the initial posting (or any of the other posts in it by unboggling).
True. If people thought to look. But not true anymore, because I just edited the OP to remove the current username and example new usernames that gave a clue. Anyway, people with good memories would probably figure it out from my device list and location. I could change those too. Heh.

Oh, drats. Foiled again. By your use of my current username above. No, don't edit it out, I was kidding around about keeping it secret.

Last edited by unboggling; 01-18-2014 at 06:53 PM. Reason: kidding around about keeping it secret.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:18 AM   #8
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
True. If people thought to look. But not true anymore, because I just edited the OP to remove the current username and example new usernames that gave a clue.
When I remember it right from other members changing their user name (and if the forum software was not changed on this) your original username will keep as "unboggling" in the quoting boxes whereever someone quoted one of your posts in the past.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:56 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
When I remember it right from other members changing their user name (and if the forum software was not changed on this) your original username will keep as "unboggling" in the quoting boxes whereever someone quoted one of your posts in the past.
It will, yes, because that's just text which is put there at the time that you do the quote.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:45 AM   #10
unboggling
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It will, yes, because that's just text which is put there at the time that you do the quote.
Huh. That makes sense. Strange, I've been oblivious to that. I would've thought I would notice something that obvious.

Of course, anyone foliowing my ongoing thread could notice a username change, just because they notice it change suddenly.

Last edited by unboggling; 01-17-2014 at 11:48 AM.