Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Netronix

Notices

Old 01-11-2008, 05:33 PM   #1
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
Do any of you know what device this is?

http://www.engadget.com/photos/the-s...-radio/576223/
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:39 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I've never seen it before. This seems to be a pic of the same device in a different color:

http://www.engadget.com/photos/the-s...-radio/576219/

It has a brochure in the background ... does that say "groupsensa" on it? I don't find anything on Google for "groupsensa" and nothing reading device related for "sensa" ....
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2008, 05:41 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I thought that said Groupsense (with an "e").
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:41 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It looks like either an LCD or Cholesteric LCD display, dunnit?
Old 01-11-2008, 05:43 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I thought that said Groupsense (with an "e").
That sounds a bit promising, I've found an Asian company (not sure where, exactly) called GroupSense, Ltd. that makes PalmOS phones.
Advert
Old 01-11-2008, 05:45 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist

These folks, perhaps? http://www.gspda.com/index.htm
Old 01-11-2008, 05:51 PM   #7
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
Sorry to start a mystery on here
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:53 PM   #8
NatCh
Gizmologist

We love mysteries.

Of course, Nate will probably have the CEO's shoe size for us by morning.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:27 PM   #9
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't have the shoe size yet, but I did find the exhibitor info:

https://myces.bdmetrics.com/Portal/V...spx?id=4101182

And the website:
http://www.gsl.com.hk/eng/index.asp

And a corporate statement from 2004. Not bad for only 40 minutes.

P.S. I also emailed them.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 601e.pdf (190.3 KB, 947 views)
Old 01-11-2008, 06:35 PM   #10
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

@guyananomous

This was very good work. I salute you.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:35 PM   #11
NatCh
Gizmologist

See, this is why your karma keeps going up.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:53 PM   #12
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Aha!

I knew I'd seen it somewhere. Shousa found a site in Chinese (I think).

http://www.ebooksee.com/price.htm
The one found at CES almost has to be the M218A. Here is some info:

显示: LCD TFT16 灰色
像素: 480 ( W ) *640 ( H )
CPU : ARM9 200MHZ
支持文件格式: EBA 、 EBAML ( EBA2.0 )、 TXT 、 WOLF 、 PDF
支持图片格式: BMP 、 JPG 、 GIF 、 Animated GIF 、 PNG
语言:简体中文、繁体中文、英文
尺寸: 154*110*13.5mm
电池:锂电池 2800mAh
净重: 215g
操作时间: 22 小时以上
充电时间: USB : 7 小时 交流电: 4 小时
传送文件方式: USB 端口、 SD 卡插口

内存: 1. NAND flash 128M*8bit(1 Gbit)
2. NOR flash 512K*16bit(8Mbit)
3. SDRAM 32MB

http://www.ebooksee.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=302
Old 01-11-2008, 08:20 PM   #13
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

It could also be the M218B.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ighlight=m218b

According to Engadget, Group Sense developed a GSM (cell phone modem) module that is compatible with many different devices including the M218B ebook reader, which is made by JCNIP.

So the device isn't new, but I for one didn't know that it had an expansion slot. Interesting.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:39 AM   #14
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
All those luscious reading devices remind me of a story I heard once, and lends it some credence.

Basically, someone I know once said that over in the Land of the Rising Sun, there are so many ridiculously advanced gadgets that are never going to leave the island or revealed to gaijin that it would make us weep.

Maybe there will be a market for bootleg e-ink/cholesteric LCD devices. ;-
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 03:23 PM   #15
stasys
Zealot
stasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo, Paperwhite
If somebody wants to buy it, here it is:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Powerful-Ebook-R...QQcmdZViewItem
stasys is offline   Reply With Quote