Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-11-2013, 06:13 PM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
How to add fonts to AZW3

I have an AZW3 I want to add fonts to. I Tweaked it and added in the fonts. I believe I did it correctly. The I had Calibre rebuild the AZW3. I loaded the AZW3 onto a Kindle Touch and then selected publisher font. Needless to say, all I got was the default font and not the embedded fonts.

So, what is it I have to do or is this something that needs to be built into Calibre to allow us to do?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:08 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Do a conversion. Yes I know you are mortally afraid of doing conversions, but that is the only supported way. With Tweaking, you *really* have to know what you are doing.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2013, 10:43 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Do a conversion. Yes I know you are mortally afraid of doing conversions, but that is the only supported way. With Tweaking, you *really* have to know what you are doing.
I'm not afraid of doing conversions. I just don't like doing unnecessary conversions. I didn't mind doing a conversion from ePub > AZW3 to get the fonts to work. I've done it before. It's the only way to fix the line height bug on any Kindle prior to the Touch.

What I did do was use Kindlegen/KindleUnpack to make a new AZW3 that should be the same as the original AZW3 except it now has embedded fonts.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote