Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-12-2008, 09:02 AM   #1
cscherer
cscherer began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
iPDF for software 2.12

I have updated to 2.12 software.
I really tried to install the various versions and patches of iPDF.
But I simply cannot get in running.
PDF files can only be viewved with the standard viewer.
Can somebody provide a running installation file for version 2.12 ?
cscherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:10 AM   #2
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex iLiad, Psion 5MX, nokia n800
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=55
daudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2008, 05:51 PM   #3
cscherer
cscherer began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Still problem

Sorry but the installers do not work on my Iliad.
Still when openng a pdf, the normal reader starts.
Is there any trick ?

Thanks for patience.
cscherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 06:18 PM   #4
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex iLiad, Psion 5MX, nokia n800
Ahaa! But how do you know that it is the iRex version that opens? Have you tried to use any of the features offered by the new versions? They will look like the original ipdf when you open a pdf. Here are some links to the original posts by the people who created these versions. I think you should be able to see how to activate each of the features by reading these posts:

Let me know folks if I've got any of the attributions wrong. I should probably add something about these to the bundle of installers.
daudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:57 AM   #5
ragdoll
Connoisseur
ragdoll began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad V1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscherer View Post
Sorry but the installers do not work on my Iliad.
Still when openng a pdf, the normal reader starts.
Is there any trick ?

Thanks for patience.
I had the same problem after upgrading. I re-downloaded the developer package and solved it.
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2008, 07:09 AM   #6
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
I just installed the above software on my shiny new iLiad. I first tried the full-screen version, then the bookmarked version. And the bookmarked version still has fullscreen mode. Since I don't imagine the effects are cumulative I've come to the conclusion that the bookmark version also has fullscreen mode built in, so only three versions are needed, not four.

But since I only got my iLiad yesterday, I could be talking rubbish
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:04 PM   #7
bedwere
Enthusiast
bedwere began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Among these different versions of iPDF, is there one that allows one to follow internal links in pdf files and then return to the starting point? I have pdf files with footnotes and I would like to be able to read them and then go back to the text. Thanks!
bedwere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:24 PM   #8
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
The standard ipdf on the iLiad should allow you to do that.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote